Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A way to Actualize

Practical Problems When Being Fully Realized (enlightenment)

10 posts in this topic

There is this problem that is coming up:

Without actively chasing enlightenment, the stage to fully realizing enlightenment is fast-tracking. There are still things we need to face in our daily lives that require egoïc thinking, for example that students have to learn for exams. 

So here the question:

If one becomes enlightened, but still would need to do something like an exam, would he be able to make the exam the same as a student who is not fully realized? Would you forget all you have learned?

Maybe you would say: 'no student becomes enlightened in their school period'. I would say that this question is hypothecical and everything is possible.

Enlightenment would be a way to get more freedom and self-expression. Those are values that I value somehow more than truth, though truth is a really beautiful thing that I also value. I think a life purpose is predestined in a way, rooted in higher values like self expression, freedom, truth, unconditional love etc. 

I feel lighter and lighter everyday. Enlightenment does not permanently occur with people who still have density. For the ones who would want to do enlightenment work in a not painful way for the ego, were you take the practice the every moment of the day that is casual without effort; I recommend the self-love teaching (Matt Kahn has one for example).

I have fast-tracked so much of my journey in a year that I feel that when it keeps going this way, enlightenment is not far away. I have gone trough multiple awakenings now. I have now a permanent intuïtion that I am all the empty space around me and objects (not in an egoïc way). I feel fulfilled most of the day (the emotional ups and downs are humongously reduced) and there is this clear notion I am only the observer self also. There is an intuïtion that everything is one, 

sidenote: how do you put the same quote beneath your post like Leo has?

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

I think it depends if the enlightened person feels if school is his path to take or not. Why would an enlightened person finish school if he, in his heart, knows that it won't bring him anything of value? It's not that he has something to fear if he doesn't do school stuff. If he did school at that point he would just do it for the 'story', he would need to ignore Truth. I don't you'd be quick to ignore Truth if you are enlightened. 

I mean, most enlightened people are still functional in society, probably more so than the average neurotic person. It's just that there is no more self-worth at stake, there is nothing more to lose.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

10 minutes ago, A way to Actualize said:

Without actively chasing enlightenment, the stage to fully realizing enlightenment is fast-tracking. There are still things we need to face in our daily lives that require egoïc thinking, for example that students have to learn for exams. 

So here the question:

If one becomes enlightened, but still would need to do something like an exam, would he be able to make the exam the same as a student who is not fully realized? Would you forget all you have learned?

Maybe you would say: 'no student becomes enlightened in their school period'. I would say that this question is hypothecical and everything is possible.

Enlightenment would be a way to get more freedom and self-expression. Those are values that I value somehow more than truth, though truth is a really beautiful thing that I also value. I think a life purpose is predestined in a way, rooted in higher values like self expression, freedom, truth, unconditional love etc. 

I feel lighter and lighter everyday. Enlightenment does not permanently occur with people who still have density. For the ones who would want to do enlightenment work in a not painful way for the ego, were you take the practice the every moment of the day that is casual without effort; I recommend the self-love teaching (Matt Kahn has one for example).

I have fast-tracked so much of my journey in a year that I feel that when it keeps going this way, enlightenment is not far away. I have gone trough multiple awakenings now. I have now a permanent intuïtion that I am all the empty space around me and objects (not in an egoïc way). I feel fulfilled most of the day (the emotional ups and downs are humongously reduced) and there is this clear notion I am only the observer self also. There is an intuïtion that everything is one, 

sidenote: how do you put the same quote beneath your post like Leo has?

A person doesn't lose the ability for intellectual thinking when they become enlightened, any more than they lose their sense of sight. It is just that they realize that they aren't the one who owns the thoughts, they aren't the one who controls the thought, and that they are not the thoughts themselves. Intellectual thinking is just a faculty of the human lens just like the sensory abilities of the five senses. No abilities are lost when enlightenment is reached, only your perceived relationship to them.

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

52 minutes ago, vizual said:

Why would an enlightened person finish school if he, in his heart, knows that it won't bring him anything of value?

In the country I live in, everyone needs to have their high school finished (law). In our country there are different levels of high school. I have the one that takes the longest to master to were I have to stay 1.5 years till now before leaving the school.

@Emerald Wilkins That means they are still capable of learning subjects like history? Or not?

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

6 minutes ago, A way to Actualize said:

In the country I live in, everyone needs to have their high school finished (law). In our country there are different levels of high school. I have the one that takes the longest to master to were I have to stay 1.5 years till now before leaving the school.

@Emerald Wilkins That means they are still capable of learning subjects like history? Or not?

Yes. Absolutely. The intellect isn't effected by enlightenment. So, all of your intelligence is maintained. You just demote the intellect to its proper place as a tool. The intellect is not the self. Part of enlightenment is realizing that you aren't your thoughts. 

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

I have read enlightenment is like when a drop of water realizes it isnt just a part of the ocean but it is the ocean.  So how does the ocean return to being just that exact drop again?

29 minutes ago, ayokolomo said:

I have read enlightenment is like when a drop of water realizes it isnt just a part of the ocean but it is the ocean.  So how does the ocean return to being just that exact drop again?

This metaphor is very helpful in the sense that it really illustrates the way enlightenment feels. However, some of the logistics of enlightenment are a bit different. Understand that you will continue to perceive sight, sound, taste, touch, smell, and thought in the same way that you always have. You won't confuse the thing you think of as "your" body to be all of existence. Rather, you will notice that the true self is the empty container for all these perceptions an the content of those perceptions only in the present moment. However, you won't be getting mislead by the content of these perceptions anymore. So, you will see that the thing you think of as "I" is only in the content of a thought. The mental image you think of as yourself is only the content of a thought. The only thing that is "real" is your perceptions that are occurring in the present moment before any concepts are placed on top of them. So, you can remember back to a time when you used to think you were a concept, a visual image, or a collection of ideas. But you will see clearly that you are not. 

@Pinocchio @Emerald Wilkins I have had to really think about this post because I dont want it to turn into an argument or debate or have any negative feelings.  The thoughts I have are simply from my own limited experiences, conversations with people, and basic research.

Also, I have seen many posts from other people that appear to reflect a lack of understanding of the depths of enlightenment.  From the posts that I have read, from other conversations,  you 2 appear to understand the gravity of enlightenment.

On an intellect level we can agree on the definition of enlightenment.  "the seer rests in its true nature."  I am sure that you have more eloquent ways of expressing this, ego death, oneness, but I like this simple definition.

The differences we may have is what the result of enlightenment has.  During my trips to China, I had the opportunity to speak to a few taoist priests  who expressed a reluctance to talk on enlightenment, without using idioms and metaphors.  Explaining that it was too dangerous.  

After becoming more condusive to talking, it was later explained that once an individual has become fully enlightend physical death follows.  Not a metaphorical ego death, but a death of the physical body.  Later he explained that many qi gong exercises are not only to be meditative, but are techniques to keep the body alive so the seer can return to it, after enlightenment.  It is more difficult to return to the body after enlightenment than it is to reach enlightenment. 

Hence my original metaphor.  Enlightenment isnt the drop of water realizing that it is the ocean, it is a full submersion back to the ocean.  So how can the drop of water come back as that drop of water.  That exact same drop of water pull itself from the ocean.

Over the past year I have enjoyed watching Sadhguru on youtube, where he also makes the same claim.

51 minutes ago, ayokolomo said:

@Pinocchio @Emerald Wilkins I have had to really think about this post because I dont want it to turn into an argument or debate or have any negative feelings.  The thoughts I have are simply from my own limited experiences, conversations with people, and basic research.

Also, I have seen many posts from other people that appear to reflect a lack of understanding of the depths of enlightenment.  From the posts that I have read, from other conversations,  you 2 appear to understand the gravity of enlightenment.

On an intellect level we can agree on the definition of enlightenment.  "the seer rests in its true nature."  I am sure that you have more eloquent ways of expressing this, ego death, oneness, but I like this simple definition.

The differences we may have is what the result of enlightenment has.  During my trips to China, I had the opportunity to speak to a few taoist priests  who expressed a reluctance to talk on enlightenment, without using idioms and metaphors.  Explaining that it was too dangerous.  

After becoming more condusive to talking, it was later explained that once an individual has become fully enlightend physical death follows.  Not a metaphorical ego death, but a death of the physical body.  Later he explained that many qi gong exercises are not only to be meditative, but are techniques to keep the body alive so the seer can return to it, after enlightenment.  It is more difficult to return to the body after enlightenment than it is to reach enlightenment. 

Hence my original metaphor.  Enlightenment isnt the drop of water realizing that it is the ocean, it is a full submersion back to the ocean.  So how can the drop of water come back as that drop of water.  That exact same drop of water pull itself from the ocean.

Over the past year I have enjoyed watching Sadhguru on youtube, where he also makes the same claim.

I have heard of this before but it is beyond my scope of experience. Sadhguru said in one of his videos (it might even be this one) that there was a man who became enlightened who became obsessed with food. His wife was puzzled about how he could be enlightened but so crazy about food. He explained to her that it was the food that grounded him to his experience. So, without grounding methods, death would occur. But I don't know how true or untrue this is, but it sort of makes sense intuitively if you believe that enlightenment is the end of the rebirth cycle as is believed in Buddhism from the idea of freedom from Karma which was originally derived from Hinduism. I would imagine that if it were true, doing daily living activities could also work as a grounding practice. But these are only conjectures. I do know that there are many people who claim to be enlightened that aren't dead though.

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

8 hours ago, A way to Actualize said:

So here the question:

No egoic thinking is not needed, egoic thought is only thought one is identifying with, ie im so good or im so bad or money is the root of all evil. Thought does still occur in an enlightened person. The only difference is that those thoughts are not believed. One can still think but one knows that those thoughts are only descriptions and because of that it is easier to see other perspectives than that thought. One starts to see things more objectively, which help in a school environment.