Bronsoval

Earth

11 posts in this topic

This has absolutely nothing to do with self actualization and is very counter-productive, in a year there gonna be another "new discovery" that everyone talk about, get over that shit, I don't see Niburi anywhere nearby and it's way overdo.

That said it's round or at least more so than flat, maybe egg shaped or my guess is torus shaped with ice covering the poles.

http://www.horntorus.com/illustration/horn_torus_animation_HD.gif

@Bronsoval I pledge for.. NEITHER VIEW! 

Probably in a social situation I might say otherwise.

Edited by DizIzMikey

Possibly a fun thing to think about, but it has so very little impact on my daily life that it hardly matters to me at all. Now, if I had a job involving e.g. getting satellites up there, I'd probably need to develop a stronger opinion on this, but since it's very unlikely that I'll ever seek employment in that area, it's a fairly non-relevant question. So I just stick to the accepted idea (since Aristotle at least): The Earth is round(ish).

Stand as high up as you can get and look out over the sea to the horizon. What shape is the horizon? Surley you can get direct experience of the answer to this question..

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

1 hour ago, FindingPeace said:

Stand as high up as you can get and look out over the sea to the horizon. What shape is the horizon? Surley you can get direct experience of the answer to this question..

That's just it!!  I've seen several youtube video that do just that- and people will use it to argue whichever side they feel is correct.  Why is this even a question??

7 hours ago, Keyblade Viking said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with self actualization and is very counter-productive, in a year there gonna be another "new discovery" that everyone talk about, get over that shit, I don't see Niburi anywhere nearby and it's way overdo.

That said it's round or at least more so than flat, maybe egg shaped or my guess is torus shaped with ice covering the poles.

http://www.horntorus.com/illustration/horn_torus_animation_HD.gif

It does pretain to self actualization in the sense that how you percieve your world makes a difference in how you actualize.  It is petty nonesense for sure, but you, (and I) knowing that it is nonsense, still espoused an opinion... Interesting! From an "actualized*" standpoint I believe the correct answer is...   The Earth's shape is not real because we are not directly expirencing it as a whole.  Only what we expirence in the present moment is real.  We only ever expirence bits and pieces of the earth because none of us will be able to reach out and pick it up, (or some other way of expirencing the whole earth simultaneously) knowing for sure its dimensions. See Leo's video on spiritual enlightenment

http://www.actualized.org/articles/spiritual-enlightenment-intro

*I do not believe I am actualized yet, I am using the word "actualized" as a reference to my interpretation of the content on this website

Edited by Bronsoval

Is this another troll thread? 

Spoiler: The earth is hexagon shaped