Serge

I'm Afraid Of The Absolute

10 posts in this topic

In the last days I'm experiencing some crazy states of consciousness. 

I feel like I'm getting more and more detached. Everything feels like people describe it. Phrases like "I'm approaching oneness" and "everything is a symbol" (I guess it's comfortable for my ego to name God/Awareness - symbol) come to mind. Sometimes I think that I'm going crazy, but it lasts just for a couple of seconds, then I'm diving right back.

But I'm really afraid (and a part of me realizes that it's the ego being afraid) of where it's all going. I've never experienced that. Where does this road lead? What's going to happen? How will my life be different ? Will I, after experiencing the Absolute, do nothing in my life ?

Guys, I'm conscious that it's ego playing games, but not conscious enough (because I'm writing this on the forum :D), so I could use some words of encouragement! Please :)

Edited by Serge

27 minutes ago, Serge said:

But I'm really afraid (and a part of me realizes that it's the ego being afraid) of where it's all going. I've never experienced that. Where does this road lead? What's going to happen? How will my life be different ? Will I, after experiencing the Absolute, do nothing in my life ?

That's the mystery! You can't know where it will lead to, because it's leading you to right now. And who knows what that brings? But that's the beauty of it. It's always fresh and new. Ask yourself the question. What would my life look like without me interfering all the time? What would happen then? The only way to find out, is to live it. Right now. 

I think that's the most interesting aspect of this work. What the hell does Awareness want anyway? What moves it? Become genuinely interested in that, and learn to trust it, by seeing it do what it does best. Being. 

Thanks guys!

"If you can name everything as a "thing", then everything is the same thing."

Just came up with this.

What helps me is realizing it's me, and it's very silly to be afraid of yourself, and you know you are pure, sweet and grand at heart intuitively.

Also, seeing and grasping that what you think you can hold onto is not real: sensations, thoughts, perceptions, they are just that, and changing and not you.

Also seeing and being with living examples should be of great help.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

Where does this road lead? What's going to happen? How will my life be different ? Will I, after experiencing the Absolute, do nothing in my life ?

There is only one way to know, and it's not by asking questions.

giphy.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Serge I've been thinking about fear a lot the last few days, in relation to information, semiotics, and direct knowing.  Lots to delve into there to investigate what you really fear.  I'm going to copy-paste something I wrote just now (excuse the odd formatting, it's how I do it) - maybe it'll help, maybe not, but something to play with:

an IDEA
a BELIEF
an emotion-infused interpretation
carries much, much longer
than the sensation to which it symbolises
and then of course
it can pre-empt things as well
so death
no
no I am not afraid of death
no self
I am not afraid of this either
i am afraid of the ideas of them
the concepts of them
neither are here
so how can I be afraid of them
there is no direct experience
they are not here
only the ideas are
is it even POSSIBLE to be afraid of an actual true thing?
or can we only be afraid of semiotic models?