Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Shiva ma boi 

lol

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

8 hours ago, egoless said:

Maybe I misunderstood it as I don't know Hindi. Shiva is translated as Absolute or Truth in Enlish? Does Shiva has direct translation in English? Is not there a separate word for that in Hindi?

Contemplate the word "translate". 

The appearance of the word doesn't matter. It's just a symbol. A pointer. They are just bridges from the duality realm to non-duality.

What matters is your understanding of the word. That "cling" you feel after asking yourself "What does X mean?".*

When you're asking "Does Shiva has direct translation in English?", you're unconsciously implying that for some word to mean something, it needs a certain group of people to write it in a dictionary. Words don't have inherent meanings. It's us who create meanings and assign them to words, as a matter of convenience and ease, to facilitate communication.

Don't use your conceptual mind to understand words, use your intuition!

* If you don't feel the "cling" it basically means that you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Serge

"Shiva" otherwise "Shivam" is 'conscious'. When we die, the corpse is called "Shavam" means 'no conscious'.

He's the one whose hair to toe is enlightenment. Every characteristic feature of him is not materialistic. The pictures you see of him is not him

Shiva is

1 Formless

2 Shapeless

3 color less

4 No birth no death

Water can't wet him, fire can't burn him, Wind can't touch him. Because he's it. "He/Shiva= Absolute Infinity"

There are many (thousands) names for Shiva. I'll tell some on them

Shiva, maha dev, tathpurusha, aghora, sada shiva... All of them translate to 'Truth', 'Reality', 'Infinity', 'Only One' 'Everywhere but Nowhere'

@Vignan what does adiyogi shiva mean than? Sadhguru is constantly talking about hims as a first yogic teacher.

@egoless @VignanYoga is derived from the vedas which are created by shiva. All 4 vedas are the teachings of shiva. That's why he's called as "Adi= First  Yogi"

@Vignan what do you mean created by shiva. If he is formless god how did he create yoga teachings? Or are there two notions of shiva - one human , one god?

Edited by egoless

@egoless your finger tip is Shiva, infinite, the absolute. Look at it. If you can’t see that, there are beliefs & assumptions inbetween. The practices are reliable for becoming without those self imposed inhibitors. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@egoless your finger tip is Shaiva, infinite, the absolute. Look at it. If you can’t see that, there are beliefs & assumptions inbetween. The practices are reliable for becoming without those self imposed inhibitors. 

Read previous conversation and you will know the reason behind my questions.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@egoless  Don’t need to read anything to see that you are Shiva. 

Man that was not my question at all :D you are completely off topic

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@egoless Don’t listen to me, clearly I’m a fool. 

I know you. You are not. You're just being lazy ;) 

@egoless People have added millions of interpretations, opinions, views etc to the topic of spirituality in the last 3000 years.

The word 'Shiva' is an adjective, which literally means 'auspicious'..

People started using the word 'Shiva' for vedic deity Rudra and this evolved into a separate Hindu sect.. For a lot of people in India, Shiva is a personal God..

Then people who are into spiritual path started calling the absolute reality as 'Shiva'.. They also called Shiva as the first yogi, out of reverence. 

The story told by Sadhguru regarding Adiyogi is a fiction... He talks about Shiva as if there was a single historical man called Shiva who was actually the first yogi. And then he attributes everything that is said about Shiva in the last 3000 years to this one character.

I would recommend everyone who is seriously interested in liberation to stop listening to Sadhguru. Many things he says about enlightenment are completely misleading. Read this for more info: https://archive.org/details/IsSadhguruJaggiVasudevAConman

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

10 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@egoless People have added millions of interpretations, opinions, views etc to the topic of spirituality in the last 3000 years.

The word 'Shiva' is an adjective, which literally means 'auspicious'..

People started using the word 'Shiva' for vedic deity Rudra and this evolved into a separate Hindu sect.. For a lot of people in India, Shiva is a personal God..

Then people who are into spiritual path started calling the absolute reality as 'Shiva'.. They also called Shiva as the first yogi, out of reverence. 

The story told by Sadhguru regarding Adiyogi is a fiction... He talks about Shiva as if there was a single historical man called Shiva who was actually the first yogi. And then he attributes everything that is said about Shiva in the last 3000 years to this one character.

I would recommend everyone who is seriously interested in liberation to stop listening to Sadhguru. Many things he says about enlightenment are completely misleading. Read this for more info: https://archive.org/details/IsSadhguruJaggiVasudevAConman

Good info on shiva, but I can not agree on Sadhguru. It is impossible to speak like that if you don't know deeper understanding of the Truth. Which spiritual teacher do you follow?

@Shanmugam I am reading your blog right now. You are quite an interesting person I would say :) I will try to read all of your main articles.

I have Shiva's phone number, here it is: 079 639 42 02. This is not a joke.