Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Need Advice

3 posts in this topic

I am an INTP (Myers Briggs) with the educational and professional background in Finance. I already invested lots of effort and time in that field. I am good at doing financial analytics - but the problem is I don't resonate with it. I've did VIA character strength test adviced by @Leo Gura Blueprint. My top 5 Strengths are: 

1. Creativity - Thinking of novel and productive ways to conceptualize and do things; includes artistic achievement but is not limited to it.
  2. Judgement - Thinking things through and examining them from all sides; not jumping to conclusions; being able to change one's mind in light of evidence; weighing all evidence fairly.
  3. Bravery - Not shrinking from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain; speaking up for what’s right even if there’s opposition; acting on convictions even if unpopular; includes physical bravery but is not limited to it.
  4. Perspective - Being able to provide wise counsel to others; having ways of looking at the world that make sense to oneself/others.
  5. Honesty - Speaking the truth but more broadly presenting oneself in a genuine way and acting in a sincere way; being without pretense; taking responsibility for one's feelings and actions.
  6. Curiosity - Taking an interest in ongoing experience for its own sake; finding subjects and topics fascinating; exploring and discovering.
  7. Love of learning - Mastering new skills, topics, and bodies of knowledge, whether on one's own or formally; related to the strength of curiosity but goes beyond it to describe the tendency to add systematically to what one knows.
  8. Prudence - Being careful about one's choices; not taking undue risks; not saying or doing things that might later be regretted.

I am struggling to find my career path. I consider myself as entrepreneur or inventor in the heart but I need to do lots of self development until I get there. I don't feel I am ready to become entrepreneur yet. I need to work on my social and management skills. That's why I consider to find professional career at first and mastering it. In my vision this career must be useful in my entrepreneur work later on. Finance could fit this role but I don't enjoy doing it. I was thinking about auditing or consultancy, strategic management. Any recommendations?

Edited by egoless

for the career the best thing i know of is to do what cal newport recomends in so good they can't ignore you 

craftman mindset vs passion mindset

craftman mindset: what can you do to get so good they can't ignore you and how can you keep improving what you do

passion mindset: expecting a pre-existing passion and just have the courage to do it which is the only thing you will have to do to love what you do

cal newport argues the craftman mindset is the key to be passioned about what you do and the passion mindset actually can make you end up less passioned about it

(i am paraphrasing but it's similar)

just chose what you find most authentic interesting and have most knowledge and skills in and then get really really good at it but try to stick with one thing as the more different things you try to get good at the more time it would take to get so good they can't ignore you in one thing you are really interested in  :)

there should still be some areas you could work on to get better at what you do even if there are some social limits, for example, all the technical/theoretic stuff for example for musicians it would be music theory :)

for suggestions maybe business(There should be some good books on it) or maybe physics? (nikola tesla should be a Physicist and he did some awesome things as an inventor) 

alternative you could look up some people you look up to and see what they knew/was good at

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT The Thing is I like Financial analytics as a work to do. I don't feel passion to it but It is interesting. I am quite good at Finance and I think I can Master it if I stick. But... I dislike the corporate environment. Maybe I was unlucky with the organizations I had practice so far but it seems like your creative mindset and free spirit is murdered in these corporation environments. The freedom and creativity are my core values.

Edited by egoless