egoless

Intp Community Here

14 posts in this topic

Hello my fellow INTPs. We are recognized as one of the most intellectual people among other 16 Myers Briggs personality types. the main issue we have though is to use our intellectual abilities in a practical way. We often tend to overthink abstract ideas and possibilities and neglect our daily practical lives. We also struggle to find our life purpose because we tend to overthink so much. Let's share our stories, ideas and give each other recommendations on how to develop ourselves. What struggles do you face as an INTP and how did you overcome them.

For those who don't know their personality types yet - you can complete the FREE TEST. This is highly precise personality test used in many western countries for human resource management and personal development.

Edited by egoless

I can get so immersed in thought that I lose awareness of my self, of time and of my surroundings. I often miss exits on the highway. One time I snapped out of it and realized I missed an exit and had driven over 100 miles on the wrong highway. . . Another time while running I became immersed in thought. I suddenly realized I was running through a strange little town. I asked someone where I was and how to get back to my town. It turns out I ran 10 miles out of the way. I ended up running over 30 miles that day - more than twice as many as I had planned.

Meditation has revealed that thinking is a drug for me and I can get addicted to it.

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv Exactly I was addicted to the thinking. I think it is general issue of INTPs. How did you solve the problem? Did you already find your life purpose and career? I struggle with that.

You intp guys are generally very funny people, i like you guys. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 hours ago, vizual said:

You intp guys are generally very funny people, i like you guys. 

Who are you? And why do you like us :D 

@vizual But most people don't "get" our dry sense of humor. During my classes, one or two students will crack up laughing and the rest of the class is like "HUH???"

16 hours ago, egoless said:

@Serotoninluv Exactly I was addicted to the thinking. I think it is general issue of INTPs. How did you solve the problem? Did you already find your life purpose and career? I struggle with that.

There have been times on the mediation cushion where I am bored and I think "Fuck it, I'm going to think". I consciously make a choice to take the think drug. I can go off into far away spaces of thought.

I'm a science professor - this allows me to pursue conceptualization. Like most INTPs, I do not like organized/structured institutions. I have lots of autonomy, which I like.

For me, the psychedelic experience shattered my thinking structure. I was shown that thinking is limited. I know have interests in non-thinking/conceptualization areas. Yet, my default mental state is absolutely still thinking.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There have been times on the mediation cushion where I am bored and I think "Fuck it, I'm going to think".

xDxDxD 

So few INTPs here? I don't believe that haha. I thought this forum would be INTP magnet :D We are real Truth seekers!

@Joseph Maynor you can't be both as there is quite noticeable difference for the professional eye between those two. I advise you to take test once again with great honesty and attention. This is essential to discover our true personality. Are you more practically oriented or love to think about abstract ideas and concepts? Are you decisive or overthink when taking decisions? Do you love being organized always or you prefer to be adaptable?

Edited by egoless

On 9-11-2017 at 5:23 PM, Serotoninluv said:

@vizual But most people don't "get" our dry sense of humor. During my classes, one or two students will crack up laughing and the rest of the class is like "HUH???"

Hahah yes.. i love this weird, quirky and off-beat humor a lot of INxP's have. It really cracks me up when you guys don't care if most people don't get it. Just let it rip man. Most people's humor is so generic and dull.

My type is INFJ. We're pretty different but I tend to get on kind of the same wavelength with a lot of INTP's. We're both pretty weird, just in different ways lol. 

1 hour ago, vizual said:

Hahah yes.. i love this weird, quirky and off-beat humor a lot of INxP's have. It really cracks me up when you guys don't care if most people don't get it. Just let it rip man. Most people's humor is so generic and dull.

My type is INFJ. We're pretty different but I tend to get on kind of the same wavelength with a lot of INTP's. We're both pretty weird, just in different ways lol. 

Yes we INTPs are weirdly weird :D 

On 12-11-2017 at 7:40 PM, egoless said:

So few INTPs here? I don't believe that haha. I thought this forum would be INTP magnet :D We are real Truth seekers!

Are you sure about that? I have a met a few INTP's in my life time and a good bunch of them are mainly interested in the Truth of becoming the best Dungeon Master in D&D. Or the best Paladin in WoW. (No offense :P) Well I guess that is also a Truth but...

@vizual Generally INTPs are good gamers because that is part of abstract thinking.