Max_V

Chenghsin Workshops

13 posts in this topic

I’ve been getting quite into Peter Ralston’s teachings lately and I found out that his workshops from Chenghsin are also in the Netherlands. Since I don’t have much money to spend as a student I was wondering if there are any people here who have good experiences with his workshops. I already go to Rupert Spira’s retreats twice a year so I have to spend and save my money in a thoughtful way

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Of course they are good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Max_V said:

I’ve been getting quite into Peter Ralston’s teachings lately and I found out that his workshops from Chenghsin are also in the Netherlands. Since I don’t have much money to spend as a student I was wondering if there are any people here who have good experiences with his workshops. I already go to Rupert Spira’s retreats twice a year so I have to spend and save my money in a thoughtful way

Do you know he is present on some ofthese workshops some times?

@egoless Yes but I am not sure if he will come all the way to the Netherlands. He is getting older after all.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Nice one! I had no idea Peter did workshops in Amsterdam. I live in the UK so this is wayy more convenient for me. Still expensive but much less so seeing as I wont have to buy plane ticket etc. I reeally want to attend the Contemplation Intensive and Workshop. I'm gonna drop them an email and ask a few questions so i'll find out if it's actually Peter who runs them.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space No problem. It's in Nijmegen though so you'd have to travel a little more by train.

I would really love to meet Peter Ralston myself aswell. Hopefully he is able to be there. If not, I'm sure he has people there who have insight and can help you grasp the things you are not conscious of yet.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Why would he be present at retreats and workshops that are not announced on his own website? Rather seems that some other guys that were authorised to teach in his name run workshops on their own.

@Max_V @Toby Oh right, thanks. I'd probably get the ferry over to France and then drive up. I think the martial arts stuff is run by someone else, and the contemplative workshops are done by Peter, but I could be wrong. This is from this years intensive, and it says 'with Peter Ralston' :http://www.chenghsin.nl/Holland Camp 2017 - CI brochure.pdf

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Peter and his apprentice Brendon (great guy) teach the workshops together usually.

His martial arts stuff makes him seem kind of fishy to me... I don't know what to make of that.

@Scholar In that case, you should challenge him to a fight ;)

(God help you)

P.S. Back in the 70's, when Peter was competing in the world tournament, one of his opponents refused to enter the ring after watching him warming up for the fight.

@Leo Gura Yes he was the first to win westener to win a full contact championship right? 

The guy is amazing. I am considering to take lessons on his way of boxing. The art of effortless power

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Did the Fall Retreat this October. Awesome and life changing!