Dan94

Strategic Thinking After Reading Book Of Not Knowing

24 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2017 at 8:32 PM, Leo Gura said:

@smd You only really get something out of it after the 3rd or 4th reading ;)

haha. Someone needs to write a book on how to read it.  Maybe I'll try this week. I took some time off from work to re-center myself...everything has gone to shit..

I haven't read this book, but I just had a short insight into "not knowing",  so this thread seems to be a good place for it.

Insight:

The issue is not "not knowing who I am", the real issue is "not knowing that I don't know who I am", because then I cannot find the answer, as I am filling up the answer sheet with my projections and not with the actual answer- me.

-1/12 is Infinity 

But@Leo Gura......... I just did the "Letting go of self"-meditation in the book of not knowing again - and fundamentally I believe that enlightenment, for every body, is the number 1 priority, whatsoever. If you can completely attain a permanent state of no limiting self-images, concepts and emotions - how can you even promote and consider pursuing your LP fully before attaining enlightenment? Isn't that a very, very bad strategic move? To try to build on a foundation before the foundation is finished or solid? Aren't we capable to pursue our LP way more seriously and effortlessly when we don't have the burden of our "self"?

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by Dan94

On 10/25/2017 at 9:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Dan94 Just keep in mind, Peter Ralston's life purpose was to become a world-class martial artist. And he did that! One of the best in the world. Trained for many years. Alongside enlightenment.

I once asked Ralston how he managed to navigate this conflict. He looked at me funny and said, "What conflict???"

I just read this as I'm taking a break during the Life Purpose Course and immediately I understood my Life Purpose... I'm literally in shock right now...