abrakamowse

My Path To Somewhere, I Hope...

183 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Do you know if stay at their guest house for that week is included in the price of the retreat?

Yeah pretty sure it's all included in the price. You can always send off an email to clarify.

When you say, ‘Shall I just drop everything to find the Self?'
you will then become a somebody who dropped everything to get the Self.
So, some form of identity will remain over.
Be nobody. If you are nobody then there is no Self to 'get'.
You are and have always been the one effortless Self.
This you will ultimately discover when you leave believing in 'things' and their perceiver being apart from the one Self.

~ Mooji, Monte Sahaja 2015

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Everything is being demolished in me, reconstructed and demolished again and I am watching that roller coaster, trying not to get caught by the emotions.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I am really feeling that I am nothing. But I am not clinging to that belief.

44 minutes ago, 99th_monkey said:

Whos feeling ?

My programming?

:D

3 minutes ago, 99th_monkey said:

whos programming?!? :D

The universe programmed everything :P

6 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I am really feeling that I am nothing. But I am not clinging to that belief.

Can you observe everything AS IS from that point of no-self (awareness), while in the present moment? This is IT including 'you'. Or as Mooji also puts it 'You are the thing you're seeking'. EVERYTHING (all forms seen and unseen) and NOTHING (everything beyond the object reality). That's the shift you're looking for (in perspective, not with your physical eyes) - very subtle, no earth shattering, quite ordinary. But you'll be like 'This is so freakin obvious, why didn't I see it before!'. 

If you can't 'see' it yet, go through the meditation again, at some point it will just click.

Also, I found this presentation on self-realization very helpful too for it's great insight and simplicity. Watch it, you can't miss it:

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Can you observe everything AS IS from that point of no-self (awareness), while in the present moment? This is IT including 'you'. Or as Mooji also puts it 'You are the thing you're seeking'. EVERYTHING (all forms seen and unseen) and NOTHING (everything beyond the object reality). That's the shift you're looking for (in perspective, not with your physical eyes) - very subtle, no earth shattering, quite ordinary. But you'll be like 'This is so freakin obvious, why didn't I see it before!'. 

If you can't 'see' it yet, go through the meditation again, at some point it will just click.

Also, I found this presentation on self-realization very helpful too for it's great insight and simplicity. Watch it, you can't miss it:

:x

Thanks Natasha,  I'm going to watch that video. 

?

@Natasha

This is @Neill (brown robe) and me (blue robe) at Zendo NYC

Neill-Dan.jpg

Edited by abrakamowse

@Natasha  I am going every week, but I want to go at least two times a week. I took some pictures of the outside and some more of the buddha statue inside, I will post them tomorrow.

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

I forgot to mention @Natasha , I checked the video you sent me and it's really good. Very helpful to understand a bit more reality.

The optical illusions are impressive. Let me tell you that my brain must be very damage, because I couldn't see the dolphins for a long time lol...

I just saw the lovers and it took me long time to notice the dolphins hahahaha.

:P

I'm not here...

The seeker is he who is in search of himself.
Give up all questions except one: ‘Who am I?’ After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The ‘I am’ is certain. The ‘I am this’ is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality.
To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not.
Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive.
The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realise that you are the limitless being.

---- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@Natasha thanks for the advice about watching Leo's video of No Self experience, pretty cool.

I did it twice, and I didn't feel my body for some time. I just felt the sensations, and it was awesome. Now my mind is like crazy, I am working on not getting attached to the thoughts and stories. hehehe...

thanks!