Hsinav

Question On How To Raise Rockstar Kids

13 posts in this topic

But Leo...

Do you really think your kid will just let you meditate every day for 20 years or so? This is naive!

Most kids will do anything they can to make sure that there will be no official meditation session. 

Like a 1 or 10 year old kid would just be still and watch you meditate for 10 minutes. LOL :)

35 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

But Leo...

Do you really think your kid will just let you meditate every day for 20 years or so? This is naive!

Most kids will do anything they can to make sure that there will be no official meditation session. 

Like a 1 or 10 year old kid would just be still and watch you meditate for 10 minutes. LOL :)

It depends on how you raise them since the very early ages. And yes I think it's possible.

If they understand ‘ This is where daddy/mommy sits still for a while’ And they get that from an early age, I don’t think they will interupt it.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Hsinav I never said they need to sit still and watch you meditate for 10 minutes.

It will be enough if they run into the room screaming while you sit there calmly and open your eyes to address them. But you do this for 20 years straight. Eventually they will catch on that something bigger is going on in that room. Eventually they will wonder, "What the hell is he doing sitting there like that?"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 hours ago, Hsinav said:

Hear, hear!

You'd probably want to get outside help to keep them preoccupied, at least during serious meditations.

I have kids under 10. My wife and I meditate everyday. We just explained it to them, and they do their thing while we mediatate. Same goes for exercise. 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hsinav I never said they need to sit still and watch you meditate for 10 minutes.

It will be enough if they run into the room screaming while you sit there calmly and open your eyes to address them. But you do this for 20 years straight. Eventually they will catch on that something bigger is going on in that room. Eventually they will wonder, "What the hell is he doing sitting there like that?"

That is the hippie style, before your kid is 2 years old you should be happy if you can take a shit alone, if there is two of them you most likely won´t be able to take a piss whiteout interruption if you want to avoid acute dangers. I like where you are going with this but it´s not about you getting interrupted while meditating, it´s about your kid, and my guess is that just spending conscious time with them for 20 years will do more good.

@Hsinav Hard to know if you're spending conscious time with anything without daily meditation. My trap radar is tinglin. I'm with you on the 2 year olds situation. I laughed out loud at can't even take a shit. Doubly on the piss comment. So funny.  That's so true. I used to lock the bathroom door to try and just get that 5 minutes in, but then you gotta listen to them hitting the door etc. Hilarious. Where there's a will, there's a way though. Reminds me of an Alan Watt's quote that is something like - if you can't meditate in a boiler room, you're not really meditating. The boiler room would be easier than the kids though. Lol. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Hard to know if you're spending conscious time with anything without daily meditation

Very true

On 9/30/2017 at 2:36 PM, Hsinav said:

Once I was teaching dance to the kids in one of these summer schools in Istanbul. I had different age categories in different classes. That was the summer that I had started to meditate in a more sustainable manner.

This one day, I meditated during the day and went to my class of 6y olds. At the end of the class, we were all talking; out of nowhere, one of the kids sat in lotus position and said 'now I do yoga!' and in a split second, 20 of them got deep quiet in that position. So quiet that I felt mind was noisy while trying to figure out.. then I waited good 10-15 minutes and had to interrupt them to finish the class.. 

That was one of the very educative moments of my life. 

I worked with kids a lot. They are so significant to tune themselves into your emotional and mental state and into their surrounding frequencies.

If you are following your kids around 24/7 then I would suggest you need to take some time out.

You can essentially practise no-mind when 'doing' anything at all, same goes with I Am That etc etc etc. Meditation isn't just limited to sitting down and closing your eyes. For example do you think the Buddhist monk is meditating when he makes a sand mandala? 

In saying that some meditations are best not practised when driving, lol, unless you want to experience more than just an ego death

13 hours ago, Sevi said:

They are so significant to tune themselves into your emotional and mental state and into their surrounding frequencies.

Yes, they really do and of course your own state of consciousness is the most important thing. 

And yes, it is a beautiful thing to be able to meditate with your child.

I definitely think it is possible for your kid to be still and watch you meditate from a pretty early age. My own experience though is that a lot of kids can challenge you in infinite ways while trying to do that.