Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moreira

How To Break A Isolation Cycle?

4 posts in this topic

Last week I rented a cottage in the woods, to see how it's like a meditation retreat experience, away from civilization.

My practise wasnt so hardcore like what Leo did, I basically meditated only 1 hour in the morning, and 3 in the afternoon. I didnt had any glimpse of enlightenment but its easy for me tu summon the samadhi state. I felt beautiful feeling one with nature, the trees, the sun, the birds...

My biggest improvement I've noticed is the rewiring from being without internet and stimulation. My anxiety disappeared, and this helped me to be in the now.

Actually, back in the society I feel sad because here we take so much care only about stupid stuff, it's like people were blind.

I dont want to be part of this farce, again. It's very hard to come back, in nature I felt authentic, I didnt have the obligation to fit in, to be nice.

I'm not interested, but I'm forced to go back to work, to keep relations in order to survive.

Notice your desire to be "forced" to come back to the world still shows attachment to it, even if not on a conscious level. 

Second, that realisation is a profound one. There's a reason many yogis retreat into caves and live in isolation. Try having some more solo retreats sometime soon. See what comes out of it. If you got this sense from the retreat, it's quite likely you will get more from doing it again.

Thirdly, I understand from a practical level, living alone as a yogi is not realistic. If you feel this way perhaps try to find people that can relate to you about this, like a group retreat or similar.

I can still re-integrate myself back in society. There's nothing wrong with it. The reason you feel like you're forced back is because you still have this lingering "hate" for the average peoples.

I know that I've had this feeling before when I went on a 10-day meditation retreat to Nara, and when I came back to Tokyo I just hated the so-called "low consciousness" peoples around me. But then I realized that this hate is actually my ego still trying to hold itself at a moral high ground, so to speak. But think of it this way, how can you be "better" then them if everyone and everything is one? Once you get that feeling that everyone in the world is actually one... thing, then really that hate for the normal peoples evaporates away into thin air, and that's when you can re-integrate yourself back to the mortal world without feeling being forced to do it.

7 hours ago, Moreira said:

Last week I rented a cottage in the woods, to see how it's like a meditation retreat experience, away from civilization.

My practise wasnt so hardcore like what Leo did, I basically meditated only 1 hour in the morning, and 3 in the afternoon. I didnt had any glimpse of enlightenment but its easy for me tu summon the samadhi state. I felt beautiful feeling one with nature, the trees, the sun, the birds...

My biggest improvement I've noticed is the rewiring from being without internet and stimulation. My anxiety disappeared, and this helped me to be in the now.

Actually, back in the society I feel sad because here we take so much care only about stupid stuff, it's like people were blind.

I dont want to be part of this farce, again. It's very hard to come back, in nature I felt authentic, I didnt have the obligation to fit in, to be nice.

I'm not interested, but I'm forced to go back to work, to keep relations in order to survive.

You can still go into nature on your off days.