egoless

Practical Questions

4 posts in this topic

1) is it ok to do self inquiry while laying in the bed? I find that the main reason why I sometimes skip this practice is because I'mlazy to get up from the bed when I wake up and use the 20 min gap I have before I go to uni for inquiry while sitting.

2) can you achieve permanent Enlightenment? Or fake life movie will always suck you back to illusion after a while?

3) when I do self inquiry should I focus on present moment and start looking for myself with the silence of the mind or ask question: "who am I" in my mind?

4) which is the most effective self inquiry method you have found?

26 minutes ago, egoless said:

1) is it ok to do self inquiry while laying in the bed? I find that the main reason why I sometimes skip this practice is because I'mlazy to get up from the bed when I wake up and use the 20 min gap I have before I go to uni for inquiry while sitting.

2) can you achieve permanent Enlightenment? Or fake life movie will always suck you back to illusion after a while?

3) when I do self inquiry should I focus on present moment and start looking for myself with the silence of the mind or ask question: "who am I" in my mind?

4) which is the most effective self inquiry method you have found?

Self inquiry - I think it's to be done 24 7. I'm always at a loss as to why people don't think of physics and quantum mechanics as self inquiry. 

2) I don't see how there is non-permanent enlightenment. How could somone unsee what they're seen and no know to be the truth?  I think (and I would love someone to help me get this more nuanced in plain words)  that there's three 'categories':

Enlightenment: Seeing for yourself what 'reality' actually is, and therefore experiencing what you actually are. Unforgettable. Un-unseeable. 

Mental / thinking / thought patterns: mood / attitude. Simply a product of the momentum of it's own process. 

Body: Basically, food & exercise (or lack of) determine how we feel in terms of energy.

This is my dichotomy anyways. Would love to hear from everyone about this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Does reality disappear if I close my eyes? If so why can I still touch a chair with my eyes closed?

@egoless you're not actually touching a chair, anymore than you're seeing anything with your eyes open or closed. It's electromagnetic field and exchange of electrical charge, and below that it's everything & everywhere until you touch it, then it's part of your experience, and 'there'. And it's all not anything, even the experiencer.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE