Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fdrakely

My Theory Of Life - In A Bee Shell (lol)

3 posts in this topic

Warning - long post! This forum is great. I've been hoping to find people who are into this stuff, I never knew what to call it before Leo's videos - Self Actualization. I felt lost trying to talk to people about anything one might find on these forums. So to have this forum, I believe everyone can share bottled up ideas and experiences and we'll all multiply our understanding faster than having to do it via happen-chance personal interactions in everyday life. Anyway...here's my thought/theory on life...I should mention this thought is molded from two years of heavy interest on the topic & all the things I've stumbled upon.  This is just a thought, and like Leo says, it's still inside the Matrix. Since that's all we can work with.  

Two weeks ago I picked up a dead bumble bee and held it in my hand. It's the only time I had a chance to look up close at a bee without it stinging me, so I was curiously observing the thing. Then the thought popped into my head "this is just a shell" - meaning the body of the bee. Whatever would've made it sting me yesterday isn't inside the shell anymore, it's gone. The life was sucked out of it, but where did the "life" go? I didn't think there was anything individual about the bee, such as where did it's soul go (like the belief us humans think - we're individuals - with souls, and we have to "go somewhere"), I simply thought - where did the "life" inside this bee go? By "life" I mean an omnipresent force which creates wakefulness/aliveness in all things. 

Then I thought - well, whatever was in the bee made it appear "alive" and the bee was "activated/turned on" like a TV. The same thing that was in this bee is also in ants, birds, dogs, bears, fish, plants, trees, grass, etc. The "force" or "energy" or whatever you want to call it. It's all from the same source. Then I thought - that is just a perception. Just because the bee is dead, doesn't necessarily mean the force/energy left it. That same force is going to decay the bee (since everything is energy/connected), or decay itself, and blend it into the earth soil/air, which is really just more of the same "force/energy". 

The only difference with humans is we have a mind which is capable of thinking about all sorts of crazy things, like this! We're that force. We're that energy.  Or should I say, the force/energy is us. The thing that is in the bee is also in us, just as it is in everything. Not only is it in everything, but at the same time it IS everything, including us. The only thing telling us otherwise is our thoughts/psyche. So literally, the "life" inside the bee which makes it seem alive, is also the thing which decays it, and while it's decaying the bee - it's also being the shell - so it's decaying itself - and it's being us, perceiving the death of the bee. It's everything!

I don't know where thoughts come into play though. How can anything be separate from the "force/energy" if it is everything? How could thoughts exist outside of it? How could there be anything outside of to even exist, if it's everything? There was a great analogy in "Autobiography of a Yogi"...It said everything is light, and the light is taking different forms & doing different things, but it's all just light. I like to think the same analogy but instead of light I imagine water. The water can be all these different things (people, animals, plants, mountains) but in the end it falls back into itself. Like the bee appearing to have something sucked out of it, was just IT sucking something back into itself. 

Edited by fdrakely

@fdrakely What is telling you that thoughts are separate from anything else? A thought? And why do you trust that thought? Another thought? And why do you trust that thought? Another thought?

The bee isn't related to you through some mysterious "life energy". The bee IS you! Literally. The colors you see when you look at the bee are the exact same colors that make up your "visual field" so to speak. And it's actually possible to become deeply conscious of this to the point where the distinction between bee/you dissolves.

Ask yourself this: What is telling you that there is such a thing as a "bee" and such a thing as a "you"? A thought? And why do you trust that thought? Another thought?

Can you see that there is actually is no such thing as a "bee" or a "you"? Try removing the concept of "things" or "objects" from your mind and then try looking around the room. Do objects still exist? Do objects have any reality to them at all outside the mind's labeling of them as objects?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I want to grasp what you're saying. I will have to work on this. So don't listen to thoughts or label things in order to become conscious of no-self?