Becoming Entrepreneur At 16!? Crazy Or Good?

the_wanderer
By the_wanderer in Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship, Finance,
Hi everyone, First off, thank you for even starting to read this question I really mean it, to take time out to read my question and maybe answer. So I'm 16 and just finished with 10 years of the required education here in Denmark. I have taken the choice to take one year off to go make something for the market. If this fails really bad I can always go back to the education system, and then it is free here :). But if it goes very good, why not just keep going with my life purpose? A little about me so you can make a better judgment of this idea. I love programming and can make websites, I have done programming for 2,5 years. For those who know about programming, I'm mostly backend and use Node.js, Golang and Docker and of course, I can also HTML, CSS and javascript. So learning by myself is not something new to me. I really love to learn, especially when I understand the why of something. I also watch all new videos from Leo. I have bought a lot of udemy.com courses and also bought the life purpose course. I'm committed to using 10 % of all I earn on learning things. Then I meditate for an hour a day, with determent sitting. I also have ideas I'm working on. I'm also being to listen to audio books. One thing that is really funny to me, is when I talk with a teacher about a subject that is on a higher level than they teach they say that they can't remember it because it is over 20 years since they learned about it. They are literally telling me that they don't use and can't remember what they have learned in school. So why would I? Leo said that you have to go to high school and college. I don't know if he is taking to people who other wise would go work at a fast food shop. Or he literally means everyone, because he also said that the education system is terrible. In programming, there are a lot more people who are self-taught so I would be able to get a job anyway. Sociale I have also got into pickup, and are going to entrepreneur events.   What do you think? Am I crazy or is this a good idea? What have you learned in high school and college you other wise would not have learned? Do you have a list of things I would have to learn? What am I going to miss in the education system? Are you sure it is better to go back to the education system? Any other thoughts on this subject?
  • 4 replies