Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Revolutionary Think

Why The Education System Is A Travesty.

8 posts in this topic

Let's think of information as food and doing something with the information as activity of exercise. So here we have our schools filling up kids head with information to the brim but, never telling or showing them where or when to use that information in their lives. How to use the information productively or where it might benefit them.

Their minds are full of Shakespeare, parabolas, literature, and polynomials. The thing that's missing is the time to actually take them out of a classroom and maybe have something like a field trip into the real world and show a person who has a job and show these kids to actually use the information in a way that actually makes a difference in their lives, brings them money, happiness and or makes the world a better place.

The brain food is all there but, then the brain just keeps getting stuffed and stuffed and stuffed then the brain calories aren't burned off in a productive or helpful way. Then what we're left with is depressed kids and a high unemployment rate.

ALL THANKS TO OUR IGNORANT AND INCOMPETENT EDUCATION SYSTEM!!   

Prince EA has a really good video about this too if you haven't seen 

Memento Mori

I'm 16 so is becoming an entrepreneur already a bad idea?

I also asked this question 1 hour ago here

On 9/2/2017 at 5:32 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

Let's think of information as food and doing something with the information as activity of exercise. So here we have our schools filling up kids head with information to the brim but, never telling or showing them where or when to use that information in their lives. How to use the information productively or where it might benefit them.

Their minds are full of Shakespeare, parabolas, literature, and polynomials. The thing that's missing is the time to actually take them out of a classroom and maybe have something like a field trip into the real world and show a person who has a job and show these kids to actually use the information in a way that actually makes a difference in their lives, brings them money, happiness and or makes the world a better place.

The brain food is all there but, then the brain just keeps getting stuffed and stuffed and stuffed then the brain calories aren't burned off in a productive or helpful way. Then what we're left with is depressed kids and a high unemployment rate.

ALL THANKS TO OUR IGNORANT AND INCOMPETENT EDUCATION SYSTEM!!   

What you are describing as the ideal sounds more in the direction of Tech College. 

@Revolutionary Think You got a point there mate! Here's a list I recently made of subjects they could teach in school that would actually be USEFUL and interesting. Would love to hear if you can think of any more:

• Meta-Learning: How to learn
  • Concentration: How to develop focus
  • Life-purpose/ How to help others
  • Contemplation: How to question the world
  • Finances and money
  • Nutrition and exercise
  • Cultural dynamics
  • Relationships
  • Skepticism
  • Epistemology
  • Understanding and balancing Theory vs practice
  • How to plan a schedule and manage time
  • Understanding emotions

I'm 16 so is becoming an entrepreneur already a bad idea?

Depends on how smart you are and how mature and disciplined for your age.

I think above a certain IQ level you don't need college, unless you want to go for social reasons, to make connections, or if there are extraordinary professors you could benefit from (most professors are not extraordinary.)  Assuming you want to be an auto-didact, you'll be able tailor your own curiculum and probably come out ahead by learning what truly captures your interest in your spare time.

I guess people may be saying to you why not go have fun for 4 years if it's free? And that's a legit point and something to take into consideration, but if you feel like it would be a waste of time and you're ready to work now then that wouldn't be a big loss.