5driedgrams

Contemplating My Body's Inevitable Death

6 posts in this topic

Good morning friends!

I've been implementing this practice in my daily life and am so glad I did. Every morning I repeat the words "I am going to die someday, and that day could be today". Doing so helps set the tone for the day and I behave accordingly. It's done wonder for my relationships and my inner peace. If need be, I will remind myself of these words when I am getting emotional (usually during an argument with my girlfriend... we bicker sometimes) I take a deep breath and come back down to earth and I realize that I am being petty and I ask forgiveness and move forward. If I'm in my head about something... swimming in negative thoughts, I will say "If I died today, would I regret wasting this time being upset by this?" It has served me so well since I started doing it.

I basically wanted to open a dialogue and see if anyone else has been utilizing this incredibly useful practice! I'm certain that many of us have been using it and I just wanna hear about other people benefitting from it! I'm still pretty new at this and have only deeply meditated on this once, but I do keep it in mind throughout the day and it reminds me to do my best at work, to do any task at once and with vigor, to love unconditionally, to help others, to be nice, to not take anything personally, and to chill the F out lol :DPlease share any videos or literature on the subject to help me or others benefit even more from it.  Have a great day!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@Empty O.olol what a question <3 I look forward to sinking into that this evening!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@5driedgrams that's a powerful practice. it's useful to throw away a lot of garbage and align with what really matters.

unborn Truth

7 hours ago, 5driedgrams said:

Please share any videos or literature on the subject to help me or others benefit even more from it. 

@5driedgrams The problem is most people are so deeply invested in life only they dare not look beyond it. 

Sadly enough, here is their story.

@5driedgrams When I wake up I laugh out loud at how funny the whole illusion is. I think you and I end up in the same desired state of appreciation. Cool post brutha! Thanks!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE