momo

Best Time To Meditate

12 posts in this topic

what is the best time to meditate in your opinion?

When you wake up in the morning, assuming you slept enough.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, Shin said:

When you wake up in the morning, assuming you slept enough.

Why do you think that ?

@momo because if you do so you start of the day with a clear mind and you go into your daily life with a higher quality of consciousness.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I believe so to the reason being is because when you wake up if you are able to meditate and enter a peaceful state that state will usually carry on throughout the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong I've had nights where i meditate then sleep and wake up super refreshed and well but i do believe first thing in the morning is more wise.

B R E A T H E

I like to meditate in my noon break.

I like to believe that it frees me from the stress and worries of the morning and simultaneously makes me fit me for the rest of the day.

Edited by Flix

The best time to meditate is always now

-1/12 is Infinity 

Why limit your meditation? Meditate as much as you can in any given situation. Meditate while going to sleep and you will keep meditating while asleep. Every single aspect of what you percieve is infinite, you can endlessly meditate on anything in your perception because everything is awareness.

They usually recommed in the morning and evening. But I can do it anytime, as long as I'm not too tired.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

I like to meditate in my noon break.

I like to believe that it frees me from the stress and worries of the morning and simultaneously makes me fit me for the rest of the day.

Like a nap. Naps are recommended at noon too, promoting heart health

-1/12 is Infinity 

A joke I like is that the best time to meditate is when you'll actually do it!

But I really really like to get up early and start my day with meditation as it starts the day off on the right foot with a mind at peace. Then i'll set the intention for the day and do my affirmations. I'll go through my day and at the days end I like to meditate again or reflect and contemplate or all of the above, provided I'm not too sleepy

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

I usually do it in the morning but I watched one of Shinzen Young's videos on "Late night sitting", so I'm going to try meditation late in the night and see the difference. Here is a link to his video.