Viking

Should I Use Stimulants Against Sleepiness During Practice

11 posts in this topic

during the days im tired im having a really tough time doing self inquiry. should i drink coffee or something these times

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Before trying that option, maybe try a few simple options :

• Change your self inquiry time to a time in your schedule where you're more alert.
  • Try doing something short but active before it to make you more alert. Like doing jumping jacks or taking a run.
  • Splash yourself with some water.
  • Sit straight with your shoulders relaxed. 
  • Try opening your eyes if you're not already.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

I have a similar problem, in fact the number one problem for meditation and enquiry has been falling asleep. The only good advice I saw on this was Leo's (take naps before meditation) but its not always practical.  I try to do most of this stuff early in the morning and that has helped a bit.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

I like self enquiry while going to sleep. What better time to see who you are than when you are free to completely let go of all your tensions etc.

I find the previous posts quite helpful, I'll also incorporate some of those things before a formal sitting.

-1/12 is Infinity 

Just now, Dodo said:

I like self enquiry while going to sleep. What better time to see who you are than when you are free to completely let go of all your tensions etc.

I find the previous posts quite helpful, I'll also incorporate some of those things before a formal sitting.

What is your method before going to sleep if I may ask? thanks

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

I have this too, mostly when I'm in big crowds, I get tired real quick.

So before meditation I always sleep like 15 min, that helps a lot :)

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

19 minutes ago, mp22 said:

What is your method before going to sleep if I may ask? thanks

Before going to sleep? Do you mean while going to sleep?

Well, it usually starts with a visualisation (anything) and I hold continuous awareness on the empty seer, which is me.

When time I did this few days ago I experienced flashes of light and later in sleep paralysis I experienced the weirdest freakiest super real thing of my sheets moving as if they are alive

-1/12 is Infinity 

Just now, Dodo said:

Before going to sleep? Do you mean while going to sleep?

Well, it usually starts with a visualisation (anything) and I hold continuous awareness on the empty seer, which is me.

When time I did this few days ago I experienced flashes of light and later in sleep paralysis I experienced the weirdest freakiest super real thing of my sheets moving as if they are alive

Thanks, unfortunately Im not allowed to give you reputation points for some reason. So I concentrate on any image while being aware that Im the watcher and wait?

Cold fucking shower before it works for me. :)

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.