Joseph Maynor

Do You Think Enlightened Living Ensures That A Person Will Be A Loner Their Whole Life?

22 posts in this topic

This is one thing that the epicureans did that was cool.  They understood the importance of friendship and other social aspects of life

Watch this video for some context of what I am talking about.

Another awesome video to watch on point.  I love this one a lot.

Epicureans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicureanism

Edited by Joseph Maynor

If you follow the path of a guru for example, who abstains from family, friends, possesions, etc. Then your life will be kind of lonely.

But both loneliness and enlightened living are open to interpretation.

Would being a loner feel bad to you and doesn't enlightened living come in many forms? Why would certain ways be praised higher than others? Why would these specific ways 'achieve' more?

The path has made me more social if anything.
Now whenever my family or friends asks me for help, i will try to do what i can. 
I do this because i have nothing better to do really, how could i refuse a cry for help and instead sit and meditate? That would be ironic really...

Because of this, i have unintentionally become more social.

I was never the most social person. And at first the idea of the being a hermit sage was appealing. Finding comfort in solitude and avoiding people.
It meant i was doing great things, in my comfort zone, in this way it stroked my big ego. But what i was actually was doing, was hiding from my discomfort of social situations. Hiding from what you dislike is never going to bring enlightenment, it is just escapism and self-gratifying behavior really.

Once i came to realize this was the cold hard truth, enlightenment actually came a lot closer to me...

the answer is always infinity, you are the creator, you tune into the frequency of reality that you want to be in, which is why it's important to be aware of your beliefs, and if the beliefs that you hold are serving you. 

when it comes to enlightenment, the answer is always infinity

if you want to enlighten alone, you will, if you want to enlighten with others, you will, you create the experience you'd like to experience

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

If you can't lead significantly lower consciousness people, stay away from them (with your focused attention), it can subtly suck you (a little) back into the cynical fearful mindsets your trying to break down 

Being around higher or similar people, with the intention to connect, be honest can be great can be great of course.

And connecting with an actually enlightened person is probably one of the and easiest/fastest ways to grow/awaken

If it's in your preference to socialize and be popular, you should probably be able to Jesus-crowd your way through life after true awakening ^ ^

Yes, all enlightened people are loners.

Sadhguru_Sathsang1.jpg

ma1.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura but Leo.. With that kind of crowd... But that means..I knew it! Hitler was enlightened?

@Leo Gura But you said "I" am all alone in this universe!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Do You Think Enlightened Living Ensures That A Person Will Be A Loner Their Whole Life?

no. their happiness simply don't depend on companies.

unborn Truth

@Joseph Maynor I find it extremely difficult to connect with anybody these days because people are delusional and fake, I live in San Diego....

Though you can actually use external things like social activities to test if you're really embodying things that you're trying to develop on your path to enlightenment like unconditional love, the two can work together in synergy, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

@Arman I thought the picture signified being alone in a crowd.

1 hour ago, Arman said:

psst, I think he was being sarcastic :D

How come you're always right ?

I think you got some 6th sense. It's all chimpery. 

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

20 minutes ago, Annetta said:

@Arman I thought the picture signified being alone in a crowd.

That's very interesting way to look at it, but I got the vibe that it's sarcasm! 

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Girzo

CARL GUSTAV JUNG thinks that the Eastern approach to reality is introvert -- he is utterly wrong. The Eastern approach is neither extrovert nor introvert; it is a transcendence of both. But to understand the transcendence one has to be a Buddha, one has to be really awakened.

Your personality, your expression of that ecstasy, is bound to be different. A Meera will dance; a Buddha can never dance. It is impossible to conceive of Buddha dancing, it looks absurd. But Meera sitting under a bodhi tree like a Buddha also looks absurd. She will lose everything, she will not be a Meera at all; she will be imitation. The real Meera can only be conceived of as dancing in ecstasy in her own love madness. That is her expression. The innermost core is the same. With Buddha sitting under the bodhi tree and Meera dancing in mad ecstasy, the innermost core is the same. In the dancing Meera and in the silently sitting Buddha who is just like a statue, the innermost core is the same but the periphery is different. The dancing and the silent sitting are just on the periphery. If you move within Meera, as you go deeper the dance will cease, the Meera will cease. If you go deep into Buddha, the sitting will cease, the Buddha will cease as an individual.

You are not going to be a Meera or a Buddha or a Jesus. You are going to be yourself, and you have never been before. You are unique. So nothing can be said; you are not predictable. No one can say what will happen, how you will manifest it. Whether you will sing, dance, paint or remain silent no one can say. And it is good that nothing can be said, nothing can be predicted. That is the beauty. If it is predictable that you will be like this or that, then you will become a mechanical thing. Predictions are possible only about mechanical devices. Human consciousness is unpredictable; that is its freedom.

~Osho

If anything it makes me want to reach out to people more than ever, the reason I joined this forum. Also the feeling of loneliness doesn't seem to surface anymore regardless of the situation. The flow driving me to find others with similar experiences, I'm drawn to connect.

Edited by Dogsbestfriend

15 hours ago, Timotheus said:

@Leo Gura But you said "I" am all alone in this universe!

what does ''I'' mean though? it can easily include everyone in your reality

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

18 hours ago, art said:

@Leo Gura but Leo.. With that kind of crowd... But that means..I knew it! Hitler was enlightened?

You're all enlightened ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them