IVONNE

Is 23 Too Late In Continuing Your Programme (course)?

22 posts in this topic

hello guys, i have been working for two years now and i have gained a lot of experience and training and certificate. i also developed and grown  and widen my eyes due to the experience and the people i have met and the behaviors in some people you have to deal with in the real world that classes don't really tell us about.i gained my driving license. i attained the gym and have build confidence. i would say I am grateful that i have a clear view of what i exactly want now. i believe when your younger, your carried away because everyone talked to you in every corner and i feel bad for some young people who are not able to make their own decisions. / I want to carry on finishing my access course so that will get  into university. it will take two years. im now 23. nearly 24 in October. I want to do a psychology degree. i also want to carry on working but part time. i want to travel every summer holidays and  not miss anything. i am into developing and reading books and gaining knowledge.

some in my age range are either graduating or working or getting into the work field.

However, for my age, do you guys think im in the right track or missing time?

any advice that would be helpful would be much much appreciated. thanks a lot guys !

I made the decision to go to college next year, I'm 28.

Pretty sure I would do the same at 48, it all depends and your current mindset and objectives :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, IVONNE said:

it will take two years. im now 23. nearly 24 in October. I want to do a psychology degree.

i am 28 and i want to do a psychology degree too. but i'll start from the beginning. i just don't know when i'll do it yet. maybe on my 60's.

unborn Truth

Few people actually know what they're doing at 23. And those who do are wrong - check in with them in about 10 years to see that I'm right about this. It's not at all too late for you. But recognize bullshit when it pops up: the idea that you're too old to start now is bullshit.

IMG_2064.JPG

of course it's not late!! i know it's easy to get anxious reaching 25, but over the time you understand, that you was still very young at this age.

please go for it and don't hesitate!

I look like 20, so no one will ever know anyway xD

maxresdefault.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I got my bachelor's degree recently and what I have discovered is, that if you study on your own and study something that you are really passionate about, that is when the magic happens. The college has become a corporate like,  money making machine, that creates a very unhealthy environment  and a very unhealthy relationship to the entire study process, and can actually kill your desire to thrive. You will still have to find some tutors, online courses, read books and so on though.

@Andrey I can not tell you how much the corporate like environment in academia killed my love for philosophy (I am a philosophy undergraduate student). 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

12 hours ago, ajasatya said:

i am 28 and i want to do a psychology degree too. but i'll start from the beginning. i just don't know when i'll do it yet. maybe on my 60's.

thank you, its shows that its never too late ^_^

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

I got my bachelor's degree recently and what I have discovered is, that if you study on your own and study something that you are really passionate about, that is when the magic happens. The college has become a corporate like,  money making machine, that creates a very unhealthy environment  and a very unhealthy relationship to the entire study process, and can actually kill your desire to thrive. You will still have to find some tutors, online courses, read books and so on though.

I am sure you have done your studies. Thanks a lot Andrey!

1 hour ago, Shin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, General 2 said:

of course it's not late!! i know it's easy to get anxious reaching 25, but over the time you understand, that you was still very young at this age.

Totally agree. I'll go for it 

9_9

7 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Andrey I can not tell you how much the corporate like environment in academia killed my love for philosophy (I am a philosophy undergraduate student). 

Dont give up! keep going in doing what sparks you -_-

12 hours ago, ajasatya said:

This is well said. Much appreciated ajasatya !

I sometimes think I better knew what to do at 23 than in my mid-thirties....I went to finally study psychology with 30 (!). Totally doable. Would not have gotten a word of it anyway with 20...

16 hours ago, IVONNE said:

hello guys, i have been working for two years now and i have gained a lot of experience and training and certificate. i also developed and grown  and widen my eyes due to the experience and the people i have met and the behaviors in some people you have to deal with in the real world that classes don't really tell us about.i gained my driving license. i attained the gym and have build confidence. i would say I am grateful that i have a clear view of what i exactly want now. i believe when your younger, your carried away because everyone talked to you in every corner and i feel bad for some young people who are not able to make their own decisions. / I want to carry on finishing my access course so that will get  into university. it will take two years. im now 23. nearly 24 in October. I want to do a psychology degree. i also want to carry on working but part time. i want to travel every summer holidays and  not miss anything. i am into developing and reading books and gaining knowledge.

some in my age range are either graduating or working or getting into the work field.

However, for my age, do you guys think im in the right track or missing time?

any advice that would be helpful would be much much appreciated. thanks a lot guys !

That's what I thought that I was too old to do certain things when I was 23. Now I am 33 and I ask myself those questions again. And I wish I had done the things that I thought I was too old for at 23, when I was 23. Trust me 23 is still really really young. So go do it. 

21 minutes ago, SFRL said:

That's what I thought that I was too old to do certain things when I was 23. Now I am 33 and I ask myself those questions again. And I wish I had done the things that I thought I was too old for at 23, when I was 23. Trust me 23 is still really really young. So go do it. 

23 minutes ago, SFRL said:

awww, this really widened my eyes.Thank you for stating this. I really cant thank enough! I will try my best to carry on working hard. And Everytime i feel tired or bored and lazy, ill remember what you've said <3  

14 hours ago, ajasatya said:

9 hours ago, TJ Reeves said:

Few people actually know what they're doing at 23. And those who do are wrong - check in with them in about 10 years to see that I'm right about this. It's not at all too late for you. But recognize bullshit when it pops up: the idea that you're too old to start now is bullshit.

IMG_2064.JPG

Hey @IVONNE     I'm a 22 year-old boy who is on the verge of graduating from college. I sometimes feel like I am much behind and sometimes much ahead of my peers. I have been too delicate with other people's opinion. I wanted to start playing my favorite musical instrument and I thought It was too late for me because I used to look at the videos in which 5 year olds are playing the instrument masterfully. I was all desperate and could not believe I am 22 but rather 42.  I wish there was somebody who would tell me, with absolute certainty that I am gonna make it. The worst part is that there would be no parent or friends to tell me what to do or even guide me through these stuff. However, Subsequently. I STARTED TO TAKE ACTION. I was tired with all thinkings of ifs and fears. I started thinking what if I did what I WANTED to do. It's been 5 months now that I started learning the violin and my tutor has told me I got some great talent ( if I can call it  talent). And I started studying for my entrance exam which is due in 9 months to start the job of my dreams. THERE IS NOTHING MORE ENJOYABLE THAN DOING WHAT YOU LIKE ,this I can guarantee. Still there are times that I FEAR  and doubt myself  but I try to think of  the best possible results. So All I am saying here is that in our age cycle these doubts and fears are just nothing but normal ( maybe even a must)  and nothing wrong with that but as long as YOU do what you like and your are happy doing it there won't be any regret because that was what your intuition told you to do.  

bottom line = Do what you think you gotta do and just do it, control the ego and the negativity it brings alongside and  you'll see wonders.

Edited by ArasH

8 minutes ago, ArasH said:

Hey @IVONNE     I'm a 22 year-old boy who is on the verge of graduating from college. I sometimes feel like I am much behind and sometimes much ahead of my peers. I have been too delicate with other people's opinion. I wanted to start playing my favorite musical instrument and I thought It was too late for me because I used to look at the videos in which 5 year olds are playing the instrument masterfully. I was all desperate and could not believe I am 22 but rather 42.  I wish there was somebody who would tell me, with absolute certainty that I am gonna make it. The worst part is that there would be no parent or friends to tell me what to do or even guide me through these stuff. However, Subsequently. I STARTED TO TAKE ACTION. I was tired with all thinkings of ifs and fears. I started thinking what if I did what I WANTED to do. It's been 5 months now that I started learning the violin and my tutor has told me I got some great talent ( if I can call it  talent). And I started studying for my entrance exam which is due in 9 months to start the job of my dreams. THERE IS NOTHING MORE ENJOYABLE THAN DOING WHAT YOU LIKE ,this I can guarantee. Still there are times that I FEAR  and doubt myself  but I try to think of  the best possible results. So All I am saying here is that in our age cycle these doubts and fears are just nothing but normal ( maybe even a must)  and nothing wrong with that but as long as YOU do what you like and your are happy doing it there won't be any regret because that was what your intuition told you to do.  

bottom line = Do what you think you gotta do and just do it, control the ego and the negativity it brings alongside and  you'll see wonders.

Thanks for widening my eyes and i will follow what i got to do ^_^much appreciated ! 

4 hours ago, Shin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

9_9

@IVONNE

there are certainly folks 40 and older who return to school to learn something new, a new trade or skill or field of study etc. 

generally speaking, no it is never to late. but - look at your life and your resources. would continuing school ruin your fniancial stability? are there opportunities already you could pursue? etc. there are things that are relevant to you, that are not so relavant in generally speaking, that will affect the potential of your decision. let those guide you. Expecially the most important one - your own preference and decisionmaking. what is it that you feel you want. become familiar with your intuition. 

I've received emails and comments from people who are finding their life purpose at 60 and 70.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.