Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sagatarius

What Happens After Enlightenment?

4 posts in this topic

It may be a generic question maybe? 

I have a life purpose because i took the course. If i become enlightened will my career/life purpose become meaningless to me? What about my relationships with people? What will there be to do after i let reality sodomize me :\

Everything will remain exactly as it is. Except for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Sagatarius said:

It may be a generic question maybe? 

I have a life purpose because i took the course. If i become enlightened will my career/life purpose become meaningless to me? What about my relationships with people? What will there be to do after i let reality sodomize me :\

There is a Zen saying...before enlightenment chop wood, carry water....after enlightenment chop wood, carry water.

Such a person could be a laborer...in which case he could have thought his career/life purpose was to labor (chop wood and carry water)...and afterwards he realized it was a role he played (and continued to chop wood and carry water).  After awakening, I continued my day job as a corporate recruiter.  After enlightenment, I met a woman who later married me.  You worry about what happens after enlightenment needlessly.  From an egoic point of view, you call it reality sodomizing you...but I call it radical freedom and loving what is (i.e. reality).

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Ah interesting. I guess i'll never really know unless i do it. 

That "sodimize" was a joke. But yeah thanks.