nahtanoj

Scared Of Becoming A Buddhist Follower

26 posts in this topic

@Fidelio I have not seen that movie, but he did do this.  Nothing more to be said about it.
And the fact that you think I am having a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy kind of makes that whole thing even more ridiculous.
What he did, that's gaslighting.
Also, you make weird assumptions as well, it's really annoying.
We can share this forum, but you... and him, stop communicating with me.  Thank you.

Edit:  One thing,  leave something on my door?  Know where I live?  What are you talking about?  Identities?  Jesus fucking christ...

You gotta stop with this assuming you know other people's mental states nonsense.  You did it with Ramona, with Emerald, Loreena, bunch of people.  You're usually wrong, dude.  Ok?

Edited by Annetta

@Fidelio I don't care if you believe me or not.  It doesn't matter to me.  I'm just mildly irritated.  Because it did happen, and on top of that, your assumptions are making me look schizophrenic.
You, him and one other person have all assumed I was a soul mate or something like that, and I made the mistake once.
So, some sound advice for lurkers that I have learned from this: please keep this in mind on your journey:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Pro tip:   If you see someone working on themselves and it 'seems' to fit into your spiritual journey somehow, don't interfere.  At all; it's an inwards process - a personal one.  You can't instruct another person on their journey, because you have no idea what you're working with.  If they fit into your journey, be an observer - and let them fix themselves.  That's the kindest thing you can do for anyone.  If they have fixed themselves, without interference, and come to you - then great!
Coincidentally, all three have tried to instruct me on my own personal journey.
This doesn't work.  It is confusing, especially if the person still has a lot of shadows, no one but the individual can conquer these shadows - and in the process of ridding them, any interference just makes things weird and messy and convoluted within an already messy psychological spiritual context.
This is very important to keep in mind.
I will try my best keep my own advice as well.

I think once I learn to love myself I will attract the right one.
So I'm done here, have a good one. :) 

On ‎04‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 8:31 PM, nahtanoj said:

I feel like I could easily become a buddhist follower and I'm aware that I could be changing one dogma for another.

What would be so terrible in being a follower for a bit? ;)

I'm in kind of a similar situation to yours, because I've decided to go for my first vipassana retreat this summer. If they'll ask me to bow before the Buddha, I'll do it with all the respect and gratitude that I can find in myself. I may have some of the resistance you describe, but I know from my past experience (with a tantric rituals, where you choose your object of worship) that the act of worshipping something doesn't make me a blind follower of it, but rather enhances my ability to appreciate the spirituality in everyday life. It's not bad for an atheist to learn to accept the humble feelings that do come with bowing before something greater than you. 

@Fidelio  I had a feeling you would make a bunny boiler analogy, I had even written something up about how you seem to think I have this Joan Crawford-esque sort of way.

You seem to enjoy painting women with the brush of insanity. 

Edited by Annetta

I'm more like h3h3's wife, Hila irl but more anxious.
 I mean Joan Crawford, yes.

Edited by Annetta