Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest username

This Sadhguru Video Is A Good Complement To Leo's Success Video

17 posts in this topic

Good supplementary material for:

5 hours ago, Snick said:

I didn't know until just recently that the beard of Sadhguru is not his real.

You are misinformed !

Why Do Gurus Have Beards?

We assume that successful people are not happy. Bingo. They're happy. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Prabhaker It's not just beards and mustashe that's missing. Indian weddings look so colorful in the duration of 7 days. :) For example, the groom riding a horse and wearing a turban. I didn't have these aspects in my wedding. Nowadays, the weddings are shortened and taking place in 5-star hotels or smaller function halls. Some of the colorful aspects are going. I sure hope change is for the better in the big picture and in the long run.

@Prabhaker The truths are not easy to hear. They are usually misunderstood when communicated, esp. if it's a deeper truth, but even shallower truths are misunderstood if a person lacks the experience along with the understanding. When spiritual gurus communicate, they don't go into extensive details. Like, for example, you understood what I meant when I spoke of weddings. It must also be true of the fairness cream commercials. :P It's probably because some people are not ready to learn the lesson. We cannot skip steps/foundations when learning lessons in life. Otherwise, deeper lessons will be misunderstood.

And, as you know, in this life we cannot skip steps because life is a school. It's here for a reason, and we need to learn all our lessons. 

I do realize how important this quote is on our journeys:

"The world is a great book of which they who never stir from home read only one page."

-Augustine 

7 hours ago, Loreena said:

We assume that successful people are not happy. Bingo. They're happy. 

Sadhguru is happy due to his inner richness, outer success can't give you everlasting happiness. 

Just now, Prabhaker said:

Sadhguru is happy due to his inner richness, outer success can't give you everlasting happiness. 

I am aware. But to succinctly believe that because someone is successful and therefore he must be unhappy, I see it as assumption. Maybe they're happy. How can someone know for sure they aren't. 

46 minutes ago, Loreena said:

How can someone know for sure they aren't.

I can't give you logical reply to subjective truths. Successful people are happier than unsuccessful people, but their happiness is not everlasting. Some of them even suicide, some of them are treated for depression. Unless you yourself become successful , you can't know what they miss in their life. If you can't grow into a meditator , it is better to be a successful person rather than a unsuccessful person but blessed are those who find inner richness.

42 minutes ago, Loreena said:

How can someone know for sure they aren't. 

What's the difference between Bill Gates and Donald Trump? Think about that.

2 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

What's the difference between Bill Gates and Donald Trump? Think about that.

What if Bill Gates is happy ?

24 minutes ago, Loreena said:

What if Bill Gates is happy ?

What I meant by think about that is, please go and read, research, and contemplate on that. They are both rich men, but they are very different from each other. Sai Baba was a very famous guru who started hospitals and universities. He has passed away, but still very famous. He was also very "rich," but rich in a different way. 

32 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

What I meant by think about that is, please go and read, research, and contemplate on that. They are both rich men, but they are very different from each other. Sai Baba was a very famous guru who started hospitals and universities. He has passed away, but still very famous. He was also very "rich," but rich in a different way. 

I understand that they are rich in different ways. However my point was not that. The point was that someone like Bill Gates could still be happy. The perception that he is not happy just because he is wealthy or successful is a mere assumption. 

28 minutes ago, Loreena said:

I understand that they are rich in different ways. However my point was not that. The point was that someone like Bill Gates could still be happy. The perception that he is not happy just because he is wealthy or successful is a mere assumption. 

I didn't say that Bill Gates is unhappy. I'm saying that they have different degrees of happiness. That is the best I could describe it and put it in words. Now, what you think of them is up to you. I could tell you that Leo kept on saying that Trump is a stage orange according to the Spiral Dynamics, and Gates a stage yellow. I thought I saw some info out there that mentions Gates as a stage yellow. But, hey, you see, all this is me telling you. It's up to you to go out there, research, and form your own opinions about them.

13 minutes ago, Loreena said:

The perception that he is not happy just because he is wealthy or successful is a mere assumption. 

◄ Matthew 19:24 ► Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

It's scary to imagine how hairy his balls are ;) 

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Haha, that is golden!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus