Shin

Some Hints

7 posts in this topic

Living in the moment without identification with thoughts.

You kinda have, at some point, to stop the identification with thoughts,
This isn't a luxury you can bypass, it is the core obstacle of your limited perceptions of what we call reality.

Every single problem in your life is about your false sense of identification, the paradigm you don't even think you're locked in right now.

When you truly stop the identification, and you come to follow your intuition, you start to flow with life, and there is no need for any teachings/teachers anymore.
The only thing you need at this point is consistency in your meditation and mindfullness practice, and it all unfold by itself.

Just remember that if you take this too seriously, it won't help, because there is only the ego to take/crave anything seriously.
That doesn't mean (at all) that you should be lazy or stop striving on your goals, it only means that you should start taking these things from a distance.

I can assure you that if you just increase by 5/10 minutes your meditation every months, be very mindfull of your thoughts and don't buy into them (especially negative ones), and just walk and appreciate nature for 1 hour every day, it will have a HUGE impact in your life in the upcoming months.

Be disciplined about it, but don't take it seriously.
I know it seems contradictory, but it isn't.

The human mind is limited, and this is why there seems to be so much paradoxes with enlightenment.
This is also the reason why you never have any explanation from an intuition, because it comes from an infinite intelligence that has no limit.

Which leads to the fact that seeking any knowledge about enlightenment is a trap and a waste of your time, ultimately.

When you'll be able to see your mind as something external to you, like any other things, you can start to see it as yourself as everything else, too.
You can do this without any effort, or by using your will, either way it can only happen without any thoughts or monkey mind.
At first it is almost impossible or very evasive, but the more you do it, the easier it is, and at some point it becomes natural.
It won't be a mindfuck, it will feel natural.

quote-there-was-a-famous-zen-master-whom

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

“Enlightenment is the experience of intimacy with the entire universe. There is no separation whatsoever. You totally disappear in the process of uniting with the raw content of the present moment. And because you do, you have never been more alive.

[…]

Enlightenment is beyond the connection to me and mine; it’s past the illusion that you know who you are. In our world it is considered advantageous to have a positive self-image, but the wisdom of Buddhism is to let go of images altogether. There is a great deal of suffering in self-esteem. It’s nice when it’s around, but it comes and goes, utterly out of our control. This practice is headed in the direction of letting go of everything you think you are. Then you’re doing the same things other people are—eating rice and drinking tea—but you’re beginning to get a taste of what it is like to be free and clear, wholehearted and effortless.”

— Larry Rosenburg, Breath by Breath: The Liberating Practice of Insight Meditation

“Enlightenment is man’s release from his self-incurred tutelage. Tutelage is man’s inability to make use of his understanding without direction from another. Self-incurred is this tutelage when its cause lies not in lack of reason but in lack of resolution and courage to use it without direction from another. Sapere aude! ‘Have courage to use your own reason!’ — that is the motto of enlightenment.”

― Immanuel Kant

11 hours ago, Key Elements said:

You've been upgraded !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Very quality post.  This is what I need to hear right now.  On point.  Leo should do a video on this.  I posted the appropriate request in the video request sub-forum.  I think this is very important and a common trap.  It was for me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor