john5170

Mediating Under Sunlight

5 posts in this topic

I tried to meditate under direct sunlight, and found that I cannot focus. My mind is just too hyper and distracted.

Is it the sun affecting it? or is it just me?

If it is the sun that is adding distraction, is it good to do some "stress testing" and meditate under difficult conditions?

Edited by john5170
Adding new info

If you believe that sun effect you, than it is yourself effecting your meditation because of your believe. :D

Try to cover up your head, so you will not get sunstroke!

11 hours ago, john5170 said:

it good to do some "stress testing" and meditate under difficult conditions?

Each moment of life brings you two alternatives: to be miserable or to be happy. It depends on your choice. Whatsoever you choose you become.

If suffering is there and you try to escape from suffering, and more and more suffering is invited, but don't be a masochist, don't create difficult conditions, if you deserve, difficulties will come on its own. Why are you in such a hurry? 

I often meditate under the sunlight. feeling it on the skin is like being more connected to nature. try to avoid the aggressive sun between 11am and 3pm. like @Prabhaker said, no need to be a masochist. 

sometimes whilst meditating I feel very strong heat waves coming up. (not only under the sunlight, also when I meditate inside). then I, too, feel my mind getting hyper and distracted. When I try to resist, it only gets worse. When I surrender to the feelings in my body and observe my hyper mind, it gets much better. 

whatever arises, love that