Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJ Reeves

The Psychology Of Spiritual Awakening

3 posts in this topic

Here are some of the written notes I jotted down from the Book The Leap: The Psychology of Spiritual Awakening

In the book, the author gathers notes from interviews with awakened/enlightened people around the world in order to answer the question what does it mean to be enlightened or spiritually awakened?

Scan Jun 2, 2017, 12.55 PM copy.jpg

Scan Jun 2, 2017, 12.55 PM copy 2.jpg

Scan Jun 2, 2017, 12.55 PM copy 3.jpg

IMG_1917.JPG

Over the past year or so, I have noticed the characteristics of permanent wakefulness in my cognition for days at a time and then dropping off for another few days before coming back at a higher intensity. I used to think I was bipolar, but I'm glad to at least realize it was a cycle of wakefulness and sleep.

But now, after taking 5-MEO, I have had a period of about 2 weeks where my wakefulness has been consistent. I can't unsee the connection to the world and I enjoy simply being -- I hang out in the park behind my apartment slacklining or just kind of sitting there. But I don't know how to come back to regular life at all.  All of society looks so ass backwards and I have no clue how to integrate myself once again. I say that both worried and not worried at all. (My ego is worried that I don't worry but I don't feel connected to my ego's worry?) Language seems fucked up. It's the weirdest goddamn thing -- but its exactly what I signed up for.

I took the life purpose course and I'm so glad I did because I found an awesome career path in terms of my values and vision. But now I feel like I have to go back to square one because I find that career path does not line up with being cognition very well. This is not a problem -- if anything its really good to recognize now as a 23 year old. But damn it's frustrating, and its hilarious and exciting.

@Leo GuraI have never experienced so many contrasting emotions in my life -- my question is how do I handle all of these new mixtures of emotions that I've never felt? There are like 5 mixed emotions that I feel that go with any one concept I try to express and I feel like I'm either all over the place while talking or totally lying. And while I have all those new, intense, contrasting emotions, I feel this connection to a rock-hard, undisturbable part of me that cannot get upset about anything or do anything other than exist happily.  Thus I feel both intense emotion and intense detachment from the emotion - which I have absolutely no clue how to express. Perhaps it's like Gay Hendrick's "Upper limit problem" on steroids... I feel like the only valid form of communication is total silence.

Edited by TJ Reeves

You are thinking too much. Just relax into your new persepective and stop judging the rest of reality because as you know reality is you, and you can not be any other way. I am that I am.

Judgement is egoic. If you think the world is fucked up help, and if not carry on carrying on.

@TJ Reeves Of course mindfulness means you will experienced emotions MORE, not less.

All part of the path. Just keep at it. Don't make any knee-jerk changes to your life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.