Dan Arnautu

Hard To Manage Emotional Labour When Reading Very Profound Teachings About Existence

31 posts in this topic

This might stem from a threatened ego, but I still need to do these readings for my school work (philosophy). It's hard for me to take or read about a really deep, profound concept, treat it objectively and work with it in my essays, like most academics do. Almost instantly I get emotionally triggered by the information and can't go on with it for a few minutes until I calm down.

Concepts might include:

• the nature of the universe
  • existence and nothingness itself
  • the illusory nature of language etc.
  • what is at the end of the universe

Some readings sometimes throw me into mild psychosis or existential crises. Any tips? How do I treat all the information without emotional backlash? I try to treat the ideas as just ideas but it's very hard.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

What do you do when the psychosis or existential crisis comes ?

@Dan Arnautu Next time don't do that, let it submerge you, see what happens.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Pranic breathing. Inhale to 5, hold for 5, exhale to 5 until it passes. Then I am ok. I can control them. I can treat them for what they are, but they hinder my work.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Shin Next time don't do what?

@Dan Arnautu you treat the emotions as something to be overcome and negative.

Treat your emotions as if they were little children in pain

key words to say to them to shift the energy:

How may I serve you?

I love you

thank you for protecting me

thank you for teaching me

I am so sorry

I will never leave you again

I am completely here with you now

Devour me. I am yours to be eaten. Do onto me as you will.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

7 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Shin Pranic breathing. Inhale to 5, hold for 5, exhale to 5 until it passes. Then I am ok. I can control them. I can treat them for what they are, but they hinder my work.

Don't hold your breathe, it triggers more fight or flight response. 

Instead, chew gum and breathe deeply from your diaphragm. Your body will respond as if everything is cool, because we're breathing slowly and deeply and eating. 

Use peppermint gum specifically. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Martin123 I wrote my previous comment badly. I mean, what I do when it happens is I become a super conductor. I can handle them. I don't hate them and I don't consider them as negative. It's just that on a practical level, it would help if I would be in a more tranquil place when reading this kind of stuff, which seems pretty hard to do.

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Don't hold your breathe, it triggers more fight or flight response. 

Instead, chew gum and breathe deeply from your diaphragm. Your body will respond as if everything is cool, because we're breathing slowly and deeply and eating. 

Use peppermint gum specifically. 

I have no problem handling them and getting back to a calm place. What I would like is to experience them less often when I am reading and treat the ideas objectively, not like some immediate danger (which happens in almost less then a second, before I can detect it).

Also, I do breathe very deeply from the diaphragm. Right now it's hard not to. It's how I breathe all the time because I use it when singing and weightlifting. 

Thank you for the input!

Edited by Dan Arnautu

Just now, Martin123 said:

@Dan Arnautu there is something youre not paying attention to, hense the questions

How do I figure out what that is?

@Dan Arnautu nice to meet someone else who lifts, sings, plays guitar and writes. Me too.  Taylor 914ce, one of the great loves of my life. :) 

You inquiry may be that you are close to letting your individuality go. (Ego). Try just letting go. 

51 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

I am completely here with you now

Devour me. I am yours to be eaten. Do onto me as you will.

That summed up what I was about to advice. When the teachings or insights become too strong, it's like a tsunami or an avalanche. You may run away from them, but they're still going to catch you up, the extra effort not being worth it, so don't fight, only accept and embrace the harsh crisises, and they'll pass and wash over you proportionally to the magnitude that you surrender.

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

It's very funny that after you pass through all of this emotional labour, you become far more emotionally tolerant than most people. You become desensitized. Just like when Leo was talking in his videos about some very deep concepts that would scare most people, and he wasn't even blinking when talking about it because he got so used to them.

I see how all of this is a necessary part of growth, more so if you strive to be part of the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of people who experience life to it's fullest. If it were easy, anybody would do it.

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Dan Arnautu nice to meet someone else who lifts, sings, plays guitar and writes. Me too.  Taylor 914ce, one of the great loves of my life. :) 

You inquiry may be that you are close to letting your individuality go. (Ego). Try just letting go. 

You are too kind.xD

Well, doing what I do and spending almost all this year mostly alone, growing myself, I might just be progressing too fast and not letting myself integrate all the new information I receive.

My growth was mostly linear until one and a half years ago when it turned exponential. Then, in the past 5 months, it got to increase in orders of magnitude, which becomes really emotionally challenging to integrate.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

27 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

How do I figure out what that is?

The words I suggested are more than enough. Dont try to understand it, just speak the words and let them do the magic. It has to be honest.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

4 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

The words I suggested are more than enough. Dont try to understand it, just speak the words and let them do the magic. It has to be honest.

Ok. Thanks, Martin. :)

@Dan Arnautu to me it sounds like you are perfectly on point with your self awareness. Chill and enjoy. Realize the results of your efforts is the present you, and that's a fucking awesome thing to be. When you die, you will be the only witness of your life. 

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Dan Arnautu to me it sounds like you are perfectly on point with your self awareness. Chill and enjoy. Realize the results of your efforts is the present you, and that's a fucking awesome thing to be. When you die, you will be the only witness of your life. 

That's why everyone should die at peace with themselves and with no regrets. :P As the wise stoic Seneca said, ”he who doesn't lend his throat to death willingly will not live a life worth living”.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

@Dan Arnautu What triggers you? Can you give an example of what your typical episode looks like?

@username For example the fact that there is no material object. That the table that I am holding my hand on is just a very high vibration through which I can not put my hand because it it moving much more rapidly than let's say a fan, not because it is solid.

Or the fact that existence stems from nothing and that space sits on nothing etc. Things of the sorts. When I go deeply into them, my imagination goes haywire.

Edited by Dan Arnautu