Pierre

On Having No Head

9 posts in this topic

There've been a few posts on this topic, but I think it's important to revive it regularly.

Here are some of the great advantages of the Headless Way:

- It's simple, straightforward and concrete. What Zen and Advaïta point to, here you literally see it. In fact it can be a difficulty, as many people will tend to underestimate the tremendous implications of the seeing.

- It's inclusive. You don't have to get rid of the Ego, of thoughts, opinions, scientific objectivity, etc. They are simply placed in a wider context.

- It reconciles direct and progressive approaches. The seeing is always right here and now, but the benefits at a relative level unfold as you go on seeing, day after day.

- It is totally compatible with any other practice, meditation, mindfulness, yoga, psychotherapy, you name it.

- It is highly contagious. You don't need to be an accomplished Master to share it with anyone interested.

The ground book is On Having No Head, by Douglas Harding (1961).

Here is the website: http://www.headless.org

And the BatGaP interview of Richard Lang: 

Excellent!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Pierre yes.  Point your finger towards you, the Spacious Capacity.  Point it outward to what is happening in You.  You see you are the Nothing out of which Everything happens.  You are Source for All.

8 hours ago, Pierre said:

- It reconciles direct and progressive approaches. The seeing is always right here and now, but the benefits at a relative level unfold as you go on seeing, day after day.

Could you expand on this point? I intend on checking it out for myself eventually, but I'm interested on how it does this. Does it implement practices that are meant for realization right now while also having those that help you with gradual progress. For example, I'd categorize self-inquiry as direct and meditation as progressive. Or am I misunderstanding?

@username The realization that our true nature is this open space here at the center can only take place here and now. But in order to stabilize this realization, and re-align the personality to this new understanding, you need to come back to this vision, again and again. It is what Francis Lucille calls "post-enlightenment sadhana".

Once the thoughts, emotions, and sensations are seen on this background of stillness and contentment, they can only change for the better. It can take time, but it really doesn't matter anymore.

10 hours ago, Ramu said:

@Pierre yes.  Point your finger towards you, the Spacious Capacity.  Point it outward to what is happening in You.  You see you are the Nothing out of which Everything happens.  You are Source for All.

Everything is explained right there.

You don't need hours of videos and dozens of books to understand it.

There is nothing to understand ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Sorry about being off-topic,

@username you mentioned once you opened a major thread for Leo's resent videos, was it you? I'm looking for that major thread, do you know the title of that thread?

Ok, thanks. No, it's not something important, I just didn't want to open an another thread..

Edited by Sevi

@Sevi No clue what you're talking about. :/

I don't want to derail the thread so PM if you got questions.