The White Belt

Wim Hof Method Workshop

1 post in this topic

Just got back from a WHM Workshop. It wasn't held by Wim himself, but rather somebody who has been trained by him.

The workshop was split into three distinct parts;

Yogic breathing and retention cycles.

Yoga postures.

Finally more breathing with an ice bath, as well as a presentation on the health benefits and Q&A.

Seekers may be interested a lot in the breathing technique, as an exploration of consciousness can be possible with this technique. One girl

said that she felt as if she was slipping into a nothingness, and that she had a thought, that perhaps death is quite a nice and liberating experience.

The ice bath was great as it requires a lot of one pointed concentration, and once you get in there, the monkey chatter slows a lot. I even went back for an optional second go in the bath. Once you do the ice bath, you feel confident and empowered, because it isn't easy, as well as really alive and awake.

Anyway, I would recommend you guys to do it, if you are new or at least fairly new to it. If you've done the full online course I can't see there being tons of value. 

I enjoyed it anyhow. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki