Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

Spirituality With Life Purpose

9 posts in this topic

This is a very small summary of an explanation of spirituality with life purpose. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

spirituality with life purpose

The expression 'life purpose' is nonspiritual. Life is not a business, it is a play. And a play has no purpose really, it is non-purposeful.

Can there be any purpose to being happy? What is the purpose of love? 

Happiness is itself the goal, there is no purpose to it. To be in love is the goal. The goal is not somewhere else; it is intrinsic, it is in the very phenomenon of love. 

Why is life purpose non-spiritual? What concludes this? Everything is interconnected.

Try living a life purely based on love and peace (and not money). How would that look like?

This?

They still need hospitals and security if they don't have them already. 

We are not at that stage where everyone is of that mindset - purely living on happiness. There has to be a transition toward it.

Someone told me that people in Bhutan still have to come to India for health / hospital service.

Edited by Key Elements

22 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Try living a life purely based on love and peace (and not money). How would that look like?

Some spiritual people are very rich, but earning money is not their goal. One of the mystics in India, Kabir, was a weaver. He had thousands of followers and still he continued to weave clothes. Even kings were his followers. But weaving cloths was his prayer, not work, 

When Kabir goes to the market with a bundle of cloth to sell, he goes there dancing. He addresses his customer as Rama, his God, and tells him that he has woven this piece of cloth especially for him, that he has interlaced it with prayers.

Someone asks him why he does so even after attaining to lofty sagehood. In answer Kabir tells him, ”It is my prayer.” Kabir says, ”It is meditation when I walk, it is meditation when I eat, and it is meditation when I weave the cloth.”

I think life purpose doesn't have to mean earning money. It can, but doesn't have to be. It's broad. It's a good way to transition lifestyles.

Edited by Key Elements

7 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I think life purpose doesn't have to mean earning money. It can,

When Kabir was weaving , there was no purpose, no reason, no resolution. When a Van Gogh paints a picture, there is no purpose, it is his love , his joy.

30 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

When Kabir was weaving , there was no purpose, no reason, no resolution. When a Van Gogh paints a picture, there is no purpose, it is his love , his joy.

I get your point, but I'm also talking about the global society living like this, not just an individual.

I'm also talking about an individual making a gradual transition and not just sudden - also it's very unlikely society making a sudden transition. 

Edited by Key Elements

Anyone ever peruse the Buddha's Eight-Fold Path?

What is one of the eight folds?

• Right means of making a living

This whole debate about spirituality vs life purpose is nonsense. Just because life doesn't have a fixed Absolute purpose doesn't mean that you as a mortal human cannot consciously undertake a goal or purpose of your own, with detachment, for shits and giggles.

What else are you gonna do?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole debate about spirituality vs life purpose is nonsense.

Just trying to be clear here. This thread was actually a good exchange of info. I didn't feel like it was a debate. The topic is on spirituality with life purpose.