Hardik jain

Breathing Meditation Problem

5 posts in this topic

So yeah I'm doing this meditation and the problem is I cannot feel my breathe its like there is no sensation present and I'm getting agitated and frustrated after every meditation session. Please help.

Read about the buddhist breathing meditations more.

Recently, I watched a lecture about Jhanas where they say that it's normal to stop feeling the breath during the meditation. You shouldn't be frustrated, just accept it and try to focus on something else, for example, on a pleasant feeling in your body. Please watch the following video to get more information:

@Hardik jain There are tons of sensations present, you're just not sufficiently mindfulness yet.

Start practicing mindfulness with labeling, as I describe in my Mindfulness Meditation video. You can practice with sounds or body sensations aside from breath.

You can also focus on the belly and lungs rather than the tip of the nose. The tip of the nose is more subtle.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Hardik jain said:

So yeah I'm doing this meditation and the problem is I cannot feel my breathe its like there is no sensation present and I'm getting agitated and frustrated after every meditation session. Please help.

Hey friend, this is a good sign that you are going into deep relaxation.  I had this problem too, at least I thought it was a problem but in reality you've gotten better at your practice my friend.  I was reading this book "Mindfulness in Plain English" and he mentions that eventually you become so relaxed that you can hardly notice your breath at all.  One technique he mentioned that helped me out was instead of trying to feel your breath, notice how the air tickles your nose a tiny bit as flows into your esophagus.  You can also notice the heightening and lower of your chest, the rolling of your belly in and out.  Notice the brief pause in between the breaths, that tiny little interval between breathing in and out.  

Grace

Maybe try putting your attention on other sensations. If you are inside, turn a fan on, and concentrate on that, as well as your concentration object. I have found that holding concentration with attention on increasing sensations in the moment is very helpful. It can have the effect of clearing the mind and allowing focus on sensation in the body. Although it is good to focus on thoughts in mindfulness meditation, It can also be a good practice to throw your attention outside your head to implant yourself in the moment. Try different things. Getting locked in to one type of meditation can be counter productive. One last thing, when I have experienced frustration, what sometimes can work is to put attention on the frustration itself and inquire into the underlying cause of it. The same technique works well with recurring thoughts. A lot of times, these can be arbitrary metal interpretations of a bodily sensation. Surprisingly, they are often seen to be random thoughts assigned to give meaning to an emotion that may just be arising for no particular reason. Basically, don't try to stop the frustration, let it flow freely and fill you up. I don't know if this is helpful, but I can only draw on my own experience.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.