The White Belt

Life Purpose Course Values - Stuck

4 posts in this topic

Yo.

I'm doing the LP course.

I am stuck in the 'Values' section.

I got it all together, did the work, and Leo said 'Now you should be looking at these values and thinking 'This is basically me', 'this feels authentic''

Well it didn't, so I went all the way back to start again.

Still not feeling authentic. They feel good, and they will take me far if I implement them, but it still isn't deeply resonating. 

Now i'm getting discouraged, because it's getting boring, having to go back and slog it out with all the questions again.

I've stopped putting the effort in now and i'm getting so guilty that I've created a lot of resistance to carry on the course

Any advice?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Whenever I get stuck I try to get a handle on the why. 

What exactly do you feel is holding you back? Why don't you think the values really resonate with you? Are they really your core values?

This isn't an quick fix type of thing. You might really have to think this through.  Like @Captain Flint said, manage your expectations. This stuff is challenging and takes time. Figuring it out is not an half-assed endeavor, and there is a lot of failure, confusion, and frustration along the way.

@BeginnerActualizer If this is your first time thinking about your values, your current progress it great. You don't need to nail them 100% to move forward.

It will take months or a few years before your values fully gel in your mind. You don't have to sit and wait. You just get started on executing on whatever you've currently got. That will spur on the gelling process.

Try to do the course well, but also keep moving forward. If perfectionism is paralyzing you, drop it and keep moving forward.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.