TJ Reeves

Gods Video Game

6 posts in this topic

Hey, I woke up with a few insights in my head. This is my current understanding of what reality seems to be. In simple term's, I'd describe it as God's Videogame. 

One thing I forgot to write down but that's a huge plus to this model is that it addresses existential meanings in one's life. The key is that just like how video games don't have an inherent meaning other than to be experienced, life does not have to have a regular 'meaning' in order to still be meaningful and worth living. Nihilists (like I once was) forget that they don't ask for the 'meaning' of a racing video game, one simply plays because its enjoyable to experience the highs and lows.

File_000.jpeg

File_001.jpeg

That's generally right, although there's no point really in achieving anything or solving any "problems". Those mostly stem from lack of awareness that this is a game.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10.  Free will does not exist.  The main story/sidequests are scripted.

It's all a jumbo salad and we are tossed and turned and made to flow with the Flow. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's generally right, although there's no point really in achieving anything or solving any "problems". Those mostly stem from lack of awareness that this is a game.

Awesome! I actually totally agree with you. Please let me know what you think of this further elaboration of the model:

I see a sort of paradox where the problem is itself that there are no problems and that we simply don't recognize that fact. Even then, this is not a problem!

I would further put it as if level one - the original Maslow's Hierarchy - is getting oneself to clear past all the external things that might get in the way of enjoying life. At the entrance of level 2, one realizes that there weren't any external problems the entire time. One would then do internal work to loosen the attachment to the illusion of the existence of problems, in reverse order of the Hierarchy. And while it is true that there are no actual problems, it may be difficult for one to actually take that fact to heart. It would also get increasingly difficult to do release oneself from each step as one moves up level 2.

At the beginning step of level 2, for example, releasing attachment to self-actualization after one has spent years to hone one's crafts and reach the pinnacle of a subjects is difficult. But it may be even more difficult to do the final steps and release oneself from attachment to the physiological needs like food and sex and to release oneself from the illusion that death is real. In this way, there may still be no problems but now one goes through a process of recognizing the illusory nature of problems as if it were a problem to solve until one simply accepts it.

And the only reason to do it all is because, hey, why not?    

Edited by Treeves4u

15 hours ago, Dead_Mouse said:

You like tossed salad?

NO

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly