Max_V

Why Am I So Attached To Feeling Comfortable?

9 posts in this topic

I have noticed that during my meditation I become very easily attached to high conscious experiences. When I don't have such an experience during meditation my judging mind goes "This meditation sucked", "You did not grow thus this was a waste lf time".

How can one learn to be okay with not always feeling comfortable? I am already aware that this is experience judging is happening, No clue though of how to be acceptive of this.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

You become acceptive of judgments by being aware of the judgments.

Everything can be transcended just by being aware of it.

I'm not joking.

@Max_V Of course you didn't, that's the last line of defense of the ego :P

When you don't judge anything anymore, or be so mindful of your judgments that they are just insignificant things passing through your awareness, there is no reasons to be negative ever again.

The identification to the ego is mostly there because of identification to negative emotions/judgments, it cannot takes possession of you if it can't associate himself with these kinds of thoughts.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I've never tried being aware of how judgemental I am. That's an awesome suggestion, thank you.

@Shin I keep wondering everytime, where does all your wisdom come from? So amazing.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

If you are judging yourself about your judgments on judging it's the last gasp of judgment you will let go of before you transcend judgment then go supernova and collapse into a black hole.... spiritually that is.

Shine on you crazy diamond!

39 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Shin I keep wondering everytime, where does all your wisdom come from? So amazing.

Not from me :P

When you realize everyone is as wise as you (except they don't know it and I don't think I'm that wise xD  ), there is no reason to be proud of anything.

We're all as wise as Eckhart Tolle or even Jesus fucking Christ, we just can't see it :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin That's such a wonderful way to look at it damn..

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Meditation is not about having experiences - why do you assume you are supposed to feel something different?  Also meditation is more effective if you are not using it as a tool to get something...so meditation is not about growing.  Basically, understand your assumptions and question them.

No meditation is a waste of time. 

So in addition to other great comments...I would recommend investigating why you are meditating.  What is your motivation and purpose of meditation?  When you feel it was a waste of time or it sucked...investigate that.  Why do you feel as you do?  What are the assumptions and causes of the feeling? 

Gain an understanding about what is going on here.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@Max_V

First and foremost accept that there is judgments. You can't control which thoughts come and go can you? But are they true? Also you as a human being is hooked up that way. You will always prefer to feel comfortable than to feel uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong with that. 

Work on your judgements. Was it really a waste of time or can the "ordinary" state of consciousness be even more powerful than the higher state?