manuel bon

Coffee: I want the benefits but not the addiction

8 posts in this topic

Hello friends! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I really like the taste, especially if combined with milk. I got interested in its good effects after I saw some videos from Michael Pollan talking about it, and I like to read his book: How Caffeine Created the Modern World. 

I want to start drinking it but not be dependent on it, my mom can't start or live a day without it, and I don't wanna be like her.

So my questions to you are:

1. How much coffee do you drink?
  2. Are you addicted to it? 
  3. Which is in your opinion the perfect way to take coffee regularly without being addicted to it, but still get the good benefits?

@manuel bon It's too much concerns for something as insignificant as coffee's benefits.

I mean, i can make a video too about how coffee reduces blood pressure or idk what else, it doesn't mean it will generate a virtual, significant difference in your health and life in general.

Celery juice for example is way more valuable. 

The devil is in the details.

Drink it consciously and train your awareness on the difference to tune into naturally.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

40 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

@manuel bon It's too much concerns for something as insignificant as coffee's benefits.

I mean, i can make a video too about how coffee reduces blood pressure or idk what else, it doesn't mean it will generate a virtual, significant difference in your health and life in general.

Celery juice for example is way more valuable. 

Well first of all coffe increases blood pressure, it doesn't reduce it.

Second of all it might be insignificant to you, that doesn't mean that it is for everyone.

Also, that can be a small good things that along other good habits contributes to a healthy bodymind. If it's not extremely significant, it doesn't mean that it can't give benefits, or that I can't have "concerns" and ask about it on a forum.

4 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Well first of all coffe increases blood pressure, it doesn't reduce it.

Ok i didn't know.👍

It's true it's a stimulant,so it's logical 

4 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Second of all it might be insignificant to you, that doesn't mean that it is for everyone.

Also, that can be a small good things that along other good habits contributes to a healthy bodymind. If it's not extremely significant, it doesn't mean that it can't give benefits, or that I can't have "concerns" and ask about it on a forum.

You do what you want eheh, but you asked for our pov.

My pov is that drinking coffee for health benefice is basically useless.

It's like trying to stress someone who love peanuts with declarations like "you shouldn't eat peanuts because it contains omega 6 and it will increase prostaglandines blahblahblah".

The true question is " Did anybody significantly improve its life because of coffee polyphenols ? ", "Did anybody develop a disease and fuck its live by eating peanuts".

The fact that question itself seems quite ridiculous indicates you that, maybe, it's doesn't worth to pay attention for that if you want to reach immortality lol.

The devil is in the details.

How strong is the coffee you guys drink?

Do you use Sugar? 

Are you okay with it tasting Bitter?

For me I love coffee, but I was never addicted to it nor will be.

Edited by Bobby_2021