Genius100x

How to get rid of thinking addiction?

16 posts in this topic

I overthink too much daily and due to this, I can't focus at all. I am unconscious most of the day and when I become conscious I feel sad/angry. 

How can I be more conscious in my day to day life? 

Edit: maybe I should be very aggressive in life related to my personal development and fighting my inner demons. 

Edit 2 : I ruminate a lot. (i.e, sometimes I rephrase the same thoughts again and again to have better clarity). One day, I ruminated so badly and was so fed up with this that I started crying too much. Just because of my inner neurotic habits. 

Edit 3 : The only problem with thinking is that it takes a lot of time to process something. I am not an AI that can process a book within seconds. 

Edited by Genius100x

3 minutes ago, Genius100x said:

I overthink too much daily and due to this, I can't focus at all. I am unconscious most of the day and when I become conscious I feel sad/angry. 

Try punishing Thinking with an ice cold shower... Freeze yourself to No-Thinking.. If you tap out, you have to admit you  are a little b*tch as God as your Witness.

Try Wim Hof stuff too, like the breathwork is OP AF

The simple answer is learn to control your mind.

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

The simple answer is learn to control your mind.

Original

11 minutes ago, Genius100x said:

Learn to harness the beast.

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

"Psychedelics."

B: "Is that your answer to every problem?", A: "Sure, why not?"

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

32 minutes ago, Genius100x said:

Edit: maybe I should be very aggressive in life related to my personal development and fighting my inner demons. 

Who told you you have a thinking addiction and that you need to "overcome it"? Isn't that more thought? Don't feel the need to over come it and it will fade. 

Edited by enchanted

12 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Are you productive ?

Only for short periods of time  (when I am relatively more conscious, for example, at night). I am gonna do my work now. 

You can say it's almost zero and I have to face many bad consequences due to this. 

Edited by Genius100x

2 hours ago, KoryKat said:

Original

Effective if done, although that's the hard part. 

Notice that that is "known" and perhaps even obvious, yet can you do it, and to what degree? That's the work here.

First just try to stop thinking about other people. Repeat in your mind i do not want attention I am the only thing in existence while out. If you find yourself thinking of someone when alone notice that and stop and focus on yourself.

3 hours ago, Genius100x said:

Edit 2 : I ruminate a lot. (i.e, sometimes I rephrase the same thoughts again and again to have better clarity). One day, I ruminated so badly and was so fed up with this that I started crying too much. Just because of my inner neurotic habits. 

Just keep going in this direction. Most people don't even realize they're unconscious or ruminate. So you're already a few steps ahead. 

@Genius100x

You ruminate a lot because if the emotions behind. Emotions direct what the thoughts reflect. Your overthinking probably is a distraction mechanism from the uncomfortable emotional energies behind. But you try to resolve them on a cognitive level where they mostly didn't originally came from.

6 hours ago, Genius100x said:

when I become conscious I feel sad/angry. 

That's great! Sadness and Anger are the two core emotions! Your early providers from childhood could have done only two things wrong in your upnringing:

Don't give you the attention and safety and things you need, leave you alone - in short neglect you, are not close to you -> the natural reaction is sadness, an emotion which cries for connection.

Or they cross your boundaries, be aggressive, take your space, force you to be/behave some way or being overprotective - in short control you, are too close to you -> the natural reaction is anger, an emotion that screams for distance.

We all suffer from those and most of us don't have a good connection to these emotions, some are buried very deep under a mask of a peoplepleaser for example (surpressed anger) or the cool guy (surpressed sadness) etc.

When you become conscious, the buried stuff comes to the surface, to be felt, embraced and accepted. The hurt from childhood of unmet needs wants to be seen. Be gentle and compassionate with your inner wounded child. Feel the aliveness behind those emotions! These are e-motions, energies in motions. If you stop surpressing them, the stuck energies become dynamicly flowing. Let them flow, find some artistic expression for example. I love composing poems for example.

One of the most effective things is:
You as a child didn't have the capability to speak out your emotions like you have now. Now you can communicate what you feel and need. Do it! Look for someone who just listens to you without judgement and advices. Make the corrective experience that your emotions are valid and okay, you are seen and heard and felt. All your deep emotions came from interactions with people, so why not resolve them the same way? You are not alone and today you can bring your emotions into contact, go for it!

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

Check this guys channel out. He has a few videos on this topic.

Know thyself....

Concentration meditation

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works