Harikrishnan

Anyone having varicocele with testicular hypotrophy?

11 posts in this topic

So today I did a Scrotal doppler scan and found my left test having left grade 4 varicocele with testicular hypotropy and right grade I-II (left test is 8.1mL and right 11.5mL) 

I dont have pain but there is heaviness fealing in scrotum.

Anyone had it and did you do surgery? How is it now. (I am 33now ) I appreciate any info on this.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

bump*

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan hi .

Sorry I can't help much . What exactly Is this condition? And why are you worried about it ? Does it affect libido ..erection..fertility..etc ? Or just the pain ?

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Grade 4 (some classification systems don't even go that high and stop at 3) is pretty serious, you're very lucky to not have pain or discomfort. I've had grade 3 on left lateral for many years, did an embolization for that 2 years ago, which helped, but only in that area, and it gradually shifted to bottom left, perhaps due to not blocking enough veins or bad technique. Nasty pains and overall feeling. Had a repeat surgery a little over a month ago and it's going much better. I find that some of the main things to avoid/limit with varicocele is heat exposure and sexual activity, that strains the veins further. With cold showers and abstinence I have a much easier time managing and healing it. 

Unsure about testicular hypotrophy, likely that was part of the diagnosis and I forgot, that didn't concern me, just wanted to get rid of the pain. You'll probably want to have some intervention done, embolization is one of the least intrusive, but that's something the doctor will have to select based on severity and whatnot. Ideally insurance would cover it as it did for me.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Harikrishnan hi .

Sorry I can't help much . What exactly Is this condition? And why are you worried about it ? Does it affect libido ..erection..fertility..etc ? Or just the pain ?

Effect all the thing you said.

3 hours ago, LambdaDelta said:

Grade 4 (some classification systems don't even go that high and stop at 3) is pretty serious, you're very lucky to not have pain or discomfort. I've had grade 3 on left lateral for many years, did an embolization for that 2 years ago, which helped, but only in that area, and it gradually shifted to bottom left, perhaps due to not blocking enough veins or bad technique. Nasty pains and overall feeling. Had a repeat surgery a little over a month ago and it's going much better. I find that some of the main things to avoid/limit with varicocele is heat exposure and sexual activity, that strains the veins further. With cold showers and abstinence I have a much easier time managing and healing it. 

Unsure about testicular hypotrophy, likely that was part of the diagnosis and I forgot, that didn't concern me, just wanted to get rid of the pain. You'll probably want to have some intervention done, embolization is one of the least intrusive, but that's something the doctor will have to select based on severity and whatnot. Ideally insurance would cover it as it did for me.

Embolization is hard to find here, did you do embolization second time also?laproscopy is here. But I am reading lot of report of people having pain and all and its also reccuring.

I also read about a anecdotal report from a guy taking 15mg of k2 every other day with D3 and showing promises of reversing pain and hypotrophy.

I am doing yoga and is planning to take vitamin k2 and some ayurveda for few months. (Maybe add visualization also) 

Edited by Harikrishnan

On 10/15/2024 at 11:47 PM, Harikrishnan said:

left grade 4 varicocele with testicular hypotropy and right grade I-II 

Were you able to find what caused this? 

Edited by Genius100x

1 hour ago, Genius100x said:

Were you able to find what caused this? 

Maybe I had it for long time. Last six months I was going gym and lifting heavy weight, maybe that aggravated it.

Just now, Harikrishnan said:

Maybe I had it for long time. Last six months I was going gym and lifting heavy weight, maybe that aggravated it.

Yes gym and heavy weight lifting can cause this, I just came to know this from ChatGPT. 

Do you have a genital massage routine? Mantak Chia has many you can try. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Do you have a genital massage routine? Mantak Chia has many you can try. 

Havent tried it, I will check it. Thanks.