Pro24

Is a teacher student relationship unethical?

10 posts in this topic

How ethical/unethical it is? 

Assume they are mature adults 18+. 

Edited by Pro24

LEFT THE FORUM ♥️

As a teacher you shouldn't be biased when it comes to exams or these kinds of things; and if you decide not to be biased, that can affect negatively the relationship.

Many schools don't allow a student-teacher relationship, where I study a teacher isn't even allowed to go for a coffee outside of school. 

If you're classmates know you're in a situationship with the teacher they will most likely make fun of that, or simply be more distant.

Idk how unethical it can be, but for sure it has many disadvantages that "normal" relationships don't usually have. The only unethical thing that comes to mind is the first point I made. 

3 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

As a teacher you shouldn't be biased when it comes to exams or these kinds of things; and if you decide not to be biased, that can affect negatively the relationship.

What if the student is mature and understanding...the relationship is based on maturity....it won't affect the relationship. 

LEFT THE FORUM ♥️

6 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

If you're classmates know you're in a situationship with the teacher they will most likely make fun of that, or simply be more distant.

Let's not talk about these. Assume this won't happen. Things can be hidden. 

I m neither a teacher not a student. I was infatuated by a female teacher in the past. So I m asking this. I think it's not unethical. 

Edited by Pro24

LEFT THE FORUM ♥️

8 minutes ago, Pro24 said:

I was infatuated by a female teacher in the past. 

When both of us moved to different places, I had a mild shock for 1 year. Waves of sadness arose from time to time. Now everything is okay. I don't give a damn about it. @manuel bon

Edited by Pro24

LEFT THE FORUM ♥️

4 minutes ago, Pro24 said:

What if the student is mature and understanding...the relationship is based on maturity....it won't affect the relationship. 

How old is the student? Average student is not so mature. And also how would you feel if your partner (teacher) treats you like shit at school (because that's how they do with other students), and then home is great? 

There has to be a professional relationship between any teacher and student. Once you're in a romantic one, the professional relationship goes out the window.

2 minutes ago, Pro24 said:

Let's not talk about these. Assume this won't happen. Things can be hidden. 

So you want the relationship to be only in your house? I wouldn't want to hide myself and partner from the world. Remember that in most places this relationship is not allowed, so you can't even go to a bar without being paranoid. Or you can also be chill about it, and then face the consequences ofc. 

@manuel bon yes it has some problems like any other relationship. But it is not unethical. 

Our society has created some fixed templates for relationships. That they should be of these 5-10 types. But it can be of 1000 types actually. 

Assume they are mature adults 18+. 

Edited by Pro24

LEFT THE FORUM ♥️

2 minutes ago, Pro24 said:

@manuel bon yes it has some problems like any other relationship. But it is not unethical. 

Our society has created some fixed templates for relationships. That they should be of these 5-10 types. But it can be of 1000 types actually. 

It's unethical on a professional level

That's not an ethical problem in itself, but you can be fired for that because you have a means of pressure on your partner. 

The devil is in the details.

A infinitely mature snake and infinitely mature mouse can live together but I would highly question that you are aware of your own biases. That you even suggest such an idea shows that you probably aren't even aware of your biases.