Thought Art

Oura Ring 4 - Worth It?

44 posts in this topic

I guess I could summerize my philosophy into this. 

You say this will help you to be healthier. But constantly tracking the parameters of your body is the unhealthy attitude.

It's when you forget about the body and you forget about yourself that you find joy and that is when your body functions at its peak. 

You cannot love what you need. 

@shree I own a remarkable one and use it all the time. I’ve had it for 5 years. All my qigong routines are filmed with it as I write my routines on it. I also use it to contemplate and as a distraction free contemplation. 

I love my remarkable. I want the remarkable 2, but my remarkable 1 works just fine. It all goes on the cloud so I’m probably gonna use it until the wheels fall off.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Salvijus I disagree. If you wanna wing your health that is fine. I am extremely joyful and I love self improvement. 

We all have different value systems. I definitely respect a more casual and natural approach to living. 

I am extremely ambitious and want to grow my health and productivity to a super human level. 

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@shree I own a remarkable one and use it all the time. I’ve had it for 5 years. All my qigong routines are filmed with it as I write my routines on it. I also use it to contemplate and as a distraction free contemplation. 

I love my remarkable. I want the remarkable 2, but my remarkable 1 works just fine. It all goes on the cloud so I’m probably gonna use it until the wheels fall off.

47 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That sounds awesome!

I am considering buying one eventually.

How long does it's battery last these days?

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus 

I am extremely ambitious and want to grow my health and productivity to a super human level. 

You'd be healthier without the ring than with it is the whole paradox. Not that checking your parameters is not useful once in a while. But this form of constant monitoring is counter productive, for reasons that are subtle and hard to explain. Or I'm just lazy to go into details of it. But nvm, everything is fine in the end. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus No.

◭"89"

@shree 8 days! Takes about 80 minutes to charge.

◭"89"

Measuring your weight don’t make you fatter. Using a gps don’t make you more lost. Using a budget don’t make you more broke. Come on now…

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

47 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus No.

Iron steel conviction right there 👍

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Measuring your weight don’t make you fatter. 

Living in constant worry about your weight is unhealthy in a different kind of way. 

Doctor Mike isn’t a fan of health tracking devices in general. Even my own doctor isn’t a fan since they aren’t medically accurate.

These doctors have their own bias, of course. At the end of the day, do what works for you.

38 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Living in constant worry about your weight is unhealthy in a different kind of way. 

5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@Thought Art 

That moment when you ask about a tech product and get a philosophical rant about why monitoring your health is bad and what you should prioritize in life... enough of this forum for today.

27 minutes ago, shree said:

@Thought Art 

That moment when you ask about a tech product and get a philosophical rant about why monitoring your health is bad and what you should prioritize in life... enough of this forum for today.

You're welcome 

@Salvijus You are projecting on me a negative s motivation scheme. 

But, checking your weight with honest intention is important.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

52 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

negative motivation scheme. 

Calling it negative is your projection. You could simply see it as an alternative view point that arguably makes sense. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Negative Motivation is motivation that is avoiding pain, or motivation based in fear, guilt, worry etc. 

I don’t need to worry because I’ll have the data. I will apply Peter Ralston’s principles of effective interaction. Being able to face truth, through data and measurement is a healthy and mature approach. 

That’s not my approach. I am recognizing that sleep, stress, etc are fundamental for being happy and healthy. And living a long healthy life. And being able to be at peak performance. I enjoy self help and personal growth which is why I am on the forum.

◭"89"

3 hours ago, shree said:

@Thought Art 

It definitely a difference in views and perception. 

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Negative Motivation is motivation that is avoiding pain, or motivation based in fear, guilt, worry etc

Bruh. Worrying about body parameters every second is a fear based motivation. That's not how Joy lives life. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus That’s not what I am doing. I’m no longer responding to you because you aren’t hearing me.

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus That’s not what I am doing. I’m no longer responding to you because you aren’t hearing me.

Good choice 🙏