UnbornTao

Was Jesus Buddhist?

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sharing a documentary that explores this possibility: 

I'm convinced he studied Buddhism in his lost years, became enlightened, and returned to his homeland to teach others.

The Gospel of Thomas is an insightful read and much recommended.

Edited by UnbornTao

Jesus taught reincarnation in secret, but some references made it through the Bible. These include Matthew 11:13-14, Matthew 17:10-13, Genesis 9:6, and Revelation 3:12. 

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

In my opinion, the Gospel of Thomas is the least corrupted of all the gospels. It represents authentic spirituality without any humiliation of humanity.

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

Posted (edited)

Off topic slightly, but if Jesus didn't rise from the dead than he was merely a great teacher according to Christians. 

The evidence he rose from the dead comes from about 40 witnesses 2000 years ago. Is that enough evidence to spend a lifetime thinking about a 30 year old from the bronze age?

Edited by enchanted

Posted (edited)

I saw some others also saying he was a yogi and in his lost years went to India and learned kyria yoga from enlightened yogis.

Basically everyone wants to make him and any other very influential person in history exclusive for their own culture.

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

7 hours ago, enchanted said:

Off topic slightly, but if Jesus didn't rise from the dead than he was merely a great teacher according to Christians. 

The evidence he rose from the dead comes from about 40 witnesses 2000 years ago. Is that enough evidence to spend a lifetime thinking about a 30 year old from the bronze age?

They also say Mohammed flew to the heavens on a flying horse.

And also Buddha probably "allegedly" did crazy stuff

it‘s just stories

Posted (edited)

"The Essene Gospel of Peace" book is based on the actual scrolls found in Vatican and then translated into English. It talks more about Jesus being from the lineage of the Essenes. A different kind of yogis you could say. It's a fascinating book. 

It would make more sense if Jesus was from the same lineage that Moses, Abraham, Enoch, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Magdalene and all the other prophets from the Bible were from. The Essene lineage. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

Well my name is Joshua which translates to yeshua the native name for Jesus and I found my tattoo in this book a while back. Seems relevant to show here.

20231226_165532.jpg

But no I think this topic is irrelevant. It's like Leo said in the solipsism episode about the conspiracy of 1. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus resembles me much more of a Shaman. You're not gonna learn how to heal, do excorsims, talk to spirits and angels, dissolve your body into the light, do miracles etc through buddhism. It's all shamanism and tantra. Or Jewish mysticism would be better word maybe. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

Appreciate everyone's contribution.

On 09/10/2024 at 10:19 AM, Atb210201 said:

I saw some others also saying he was a yogi and in his lost years went to India and learned kyria yoga from enlightened yogis.

I guess this is loosely the idea: he went to india (and/or Nepal, etc) and studied eastern religions.

On 09/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, Salvijus said:

"The Essene Gospel of Peace" book is based on the actual scrolls found in Vatican and then translated into English. It talks more about Jesus being from the lineage of the Essenes. A different kind of yogis you could say. It's a fascinating book. 

It would make more sense if Jesus was from the same lineage that Moses, Abraham, Enoch, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Magdalene and all the other prophets from the Bible were from. The Essene lineage. 

Interesting, will use AI to do learn more about this.

On 09/10/2024 at 11:48 AM, fabger said:

@UnbornTao 

Could have been taken from a sutra.

@JoshB It is mostly for the sake of entertainment.

Edited by UnbornTao

It's speculation.  Some have suggested Judaism came from India:  Brahman -> Abraham, Saraswati -> Sarah.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

27 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

It's speculation.  Some have suggested Judaism came from India:  Brahman -> Abraham, Saraswati -> Sarah.

Coincidence? I think not.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

I keep hearing this theory, even from people such as Bhagwan Rajneesh, Sadghuru, and Parahamahansa Yogananda. 

But there is no archaeological evidence that Jesus ever went to Tibet, India, or the like. There is however evidence that Jesus traveled to the land of Israel, Lebanon, and Egypt. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

The theory is plausible.

The ancient Silk Route connected ancient Israel and ancient India, which included modern Afghanistan too at that point of time. Anyone could reach the other place in a few months by hitchhiking the numerous merchant wagons passing in this ancient route.

Jesus  could have used his expertise and services as a carpenter to get a  hitch-hike and travel through the silk route to India and back after learning whatever he came to learn.

This could also explain his absence in the bible during the unknown years of his life as a teenager and youth.

There is a book named 'Hinduism and Christianity' by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar which explored many similarities between Christianity and Dharmic traditions.

The Ahmediya is a progressive Islamic sect which emphasize pacifism and scholarship and  Dr. Abdus Salam who is the sole muslim winner of a nobel prize in the sciences is an Ahmediya.

Part of Ahmediya belief system is that Jesus had travelled to India. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Ahmadiyya_Islam

There is also a book named  'Jesus lived in India' by Holger Kersten that focusses on the similarities and evidences in this regard.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

Quotes by Jesus.

If you know these things for yourself, they are yours. If you do not know them for yourself, they are not yours

On 10/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, UnbornTao said:

@JoshB It is mostly for the sake of entertainment.

If you think self deception is entertainment, go for it

One has no clue who Jesus or Buddha is until you become fully concious they are a fantasy within your mind. You are completely responsible for constructing.

Joshua B

Jesus Buddha 

Edited by JoshB

One has no clue who Jesus or Buddha is until you become fully concious they are a fantasy within your mind. You are completely responsible for constructing.

Joshua B

Jesus Buddha 

And they were also humans that lived and taught at some point in history. Looking at their lives can be fun.

Does the fact that it is constructed detract from engagement in the activity?

Edited by UnbornTao