Buck Edwards

My level consciousness is lowest in the morning, why?

24 posts in this topic

I have noticed that my level of consciousness is the lowest when I am just waking up. I am way too low conscious at that point. I'm in a half asleep dream like state and I feel like I could write any rubbish under that state, I could end up murmuring or blabbering any gibberish and all kinds of rubbish nonsense. As the clouds in my mind become to clear and I feel clearer and clearer, nearly an hour after waking up, I feel better and more aware and conscious. I feel more attracted to spirituality at this point and direct my focus to any spiritual practice. My level of consciousness slowly begins to rise and my body feels energized and my mind is waking up quickly. 

Why does this happen and how to avoid it? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Just now, PenguinPablo said:

what time do you wake up?

6.30 - 7 am on most days. 

@Buck Edwards To my understanding, our natural cortisol levels are highest in the morning. So maybe that is why

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

@Buck Edwards To my understanding, our natural cortisol levels are highest in the morning. So maybe that is why

I see. 

Posted (edited)

thats the highest state you dont want to know anything. There is a practice to hold that state of nothingness in your mind for as long as possible. If you hold that state you live life like a dream.

Edited by Hojo

@Buck Edwards Put your coffee maker on a timer so it's ready when you awaken.  No pun intended.

8 hours ago, Hojo said:

thats the highest state you dont want to know anything. There is a practice to hold that state of nothingness in your mind for as long as possible. If you hold that state you live life like a dream.

What's the technique? Did you try it out?

Posted (edited)

@OBEler yes its just waking up and going as long as you can without forming a narrative to what is happening. You want to hold deep sleep mind for as long as you can on waking You will see your brain try to construct reality in real time every morning. It'll start by throwing out someone's face or an event and then build a narrative around that. Staying groggy but not trying to remeber anything will help you maintain this state all day and life will go by like a dream. 

Edited by Hojo

@Buck Edwards do you meditate? Does your sleep time Refresh you? How is nutrition and exercise level, are you hydrated enough? Ilness status? Inflammation? Level of consciousness is too vague of a term. Your consciousness is just different and the reasons maybe too many. Meditation for me is the regimen for your symptoms. Your state before sleep is important too. Clear your mind 10 minutes before and after sleep. Eat clean, exercise and sleep well.

I also feel the clearest late at night and then it’s quite hard to get to sleep.

Usually also more anxious in the morning.

Read the 5am Club by Robin Sharma.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

what are you having for dinner? 

Having a light dinner almost will guarantee you you won´t wake up like that. Eat just fruit for dinner youll see.

Edited by Javfly33

@Buck Edwards That's because not all organs wake up at the same time. Your brain may be active but maybe the liver is still in deep sleep and the kidney in dreaming kinda state. So only when all organs are awake and integrated that the body and mind come fully online.

A routine can help you, waking up at the same time evey day and doing morning yoga, Qigong, self massage or something to activate your body as a routine. I used to slap my whole body from head to toes every morning.

Talking a cold shower can also help. Something that shock and wakes up your whole system from it's slumber.

Taking at night before going to sleep a pinch of Haritaki and after waking up a pinch of Neem can work wonders to coordinate the body. Although check that it has no incompatibilities with medications that you may be taking or prior diseases of yours.

That's what I would recommend overall.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

Adrenals can be sluggish. There's a disorder of adrenal fatigue or malfunction.

There exists a saliva test to test adrenal function. I've done it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Adrenals can be sluggish. There's a disorder of adrenal fatigue or malfunction.

There exists a saliva test to test adrenal function. I've done it.

Found any helpful supplements or something?

42 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Found any helpful supplements or something?

I don't have a problem with adrenals so I don't know.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Adrenal fatigue is very common with heavy metal toxicity. The single thing that has helped me with energy levels has been high doses of vitamin C. Pick a buffered form to avoid too much acidity. I use sodium ascorbate. I take up to 8 grams per day, but you may need some time before you can get there without an upset stomach.

I’d recommend about 500 mg of sodium ascorbate every 3 or 4 hours for at least 2 weeks so that you can feel a proper difference, and then reconsider if it's something worth sticking with. I just buy 1 kg and make my own pills to save money, but what I linked is good enough.

There is a night and day difference for me, and I’ve come to the conclusion that if I don’t supplement with large amounts of vitamin C, I am pretty much dysfunctional as long as I haven't detoxed from heavy metals.

Besides that, look into adrenal cortex extract (IMPORTANT! JUST THE CORTEX!). It works wonders for fatigued adrenals. Anywhere from 1 to 20 capsules per day or even more.

@Buck Edwards keep in mind it’s normal (to a degree) for you to take a while to wake up, especially if you happened to interrupt a sleep cycle, had poor sleep, a heavy dinner, lots of artificial light, stress, mosquitoes, an uncomfortable bed, too hot/too cold, dust mites allergy, etc. Other things to keep in consideration: at night, your oxygen levels decrease due to shallow breathing, blood doesn’t flow nearly as much due to lack of movement, low blood sugar from not eating for many hours, dehydration, and poor nutritional choices like chemicals in food or caffeine addiction can be felt in the mornings.

Definitely have a wake-up routine to re-energize yourself. Move your body, get blood flowing and get some oxygen in. In other words , a nice walk in the park should get the job done.

Edited by mmKay

This is not a Signature    [TBA]

@Buck Edwards Do you measure your sleep score?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 10/6/2024 at 9:59 PM, Buck Edwards said:

I have noticed that my level of consciousness is the lowest when I am just waking up. I am way too low conscious at that point. I'm in a half asleep dream like state and I feel like I could write any rubbish under that state, I could end up murmuring or blabbering any gibberish and all kinds of rubbish nonsense. As the clouds in my mind become to clear and I feel clearer and clearer, nearly an hour after waking up, I feel better and more aware and conscious. I feel more attracted to spirituality at this point and direct my focus to any spiritual practice. My level of consciousness slowly begins to rise and my body feels energized and my mind is waking up quickly. 

Why does this happen and how to avoid it? 

That's funny because mine is the highest.  When just waking up i can solve problems in seconds that i agonized over for hours the day before.  So I guess it's just random.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.