Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

It is however a social construct. 

Can presence be a social construct? 

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Human is a Social Construct

I feel combat helicopter.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

The presence/energy of enlightened being can have an effect on your energy. Science will tell you, energy cannot be destroyed. That same energy that could heal and awaken thousands of people when a guru is in a body, exists when there is no body left still. 

Edited by Salvijus

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

If you view your mind as a qualia prism of constructivist lenses and your cells as a operational social units... then yeah.

And a disembodied consciousness that can perceive or feel its reality is an interpretor, the smallest social unit.

Since "social" is interpresonal but personal is fundamentally really just dual perception, then so is presence.

Any being, is by relation, and relation is the broadest definition of social.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

If you view your mind as a qualia prism of constructivist lenses and your cells as a operational social units... then yeah.

And a disembodied consciousness that can perceive or feel its reality is an interpretor, the smallest social unit.

Since "social" is interpresonal but personal is fundamentally really just dual perception, then so is presence.

Any being, is by relation, and relation is the broadest definition of social.

You played with the definition of "social construct" 

Let me rephrase then into this:

"can conciousness be a construct of human mind?" 

Or

"Can energy be a construct of human mind?" 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

Not everything is a complete social construction.

Although, I think everything can be socially constructed, even if they exist outside of it.

13 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I feel combat helicopter.

Well, that can be your gender.

Edited by Nemra

Humans do not exist outside of social constructs

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No. You are present right now. It’s your most fundamental experience. Your consciousness is the epistemic priori. 

Contemplate the difference between social constructs/ systems/ models and things that are fundamental. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

No. You are present right now. It’s your most fundamental experience. Your consciousness is the epistemic priori. 

So who reduced Jesus to a mere fiction rather than a living presence? 

@Salvijus Can you clarify? 

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus Can you clarify? 

Hmm.. Yea I realized we are on different pages aswell. You claimed Jesus is a social contract. My question was if presence is not a construct, then according to who Jesus is not a living presence? 

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus If you hadn’t learned about Jesus, you wouldn’t describe your experiences through the lens of Jesus. If you had been born a Muslim, Sikh, or Buddhist you’d have different filters through which you explain, or create backstory for the experiences you have. 

If Jesus is useful for you, or you have personal relationship with Jesus more to you.

I don’t think Jesus is a living presence. If that is something you ascribe to, I can respect that. 

Just because there is presents under the tree doesn’t mean it was really Santa.

Jesus doesn’t exist for the vast majority of living organisms on earth. Jesus doesn’t exist to a dog or a donkey. 

For the vast majority of people, they imagine Jesus but don’t know God, have never experience Oneness… they have so much contextual baggage between them and what is so obvious. Jesus likely gets in the way of authentic direct experiences of Love, Oneness and Unity. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Just now, Hojo said:

Humans do not exist outside of social constructs

They exist inside and outside of social constructions, but they cannot only exist inside because creating or changing them would require them to be outside.

Posted (edited)

@Nemra Yes but when not viewed through the concepts of humans they are lines of code in a foreign language, so not really humans.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus If you hadn’t learned about Jesus, 

According to some (me including) , you can know about his existence without any books because he is here now aswell. This is just one person's experience against the other person's experience at this point. At this point we are at the dead end of how far this convo can go. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus Again, you are/ or someone that argues that is already indoctrinated.  No one comes to that without first the social construct. Same thing with science, yoga, Toaist philosophy, etc.

No people deep in the middle of the jungle who never learned about Jesus wakes up one day and says “by God, the presence of Jesus is with me”. 

These types of fantasies exist at stage amber/ blue. Mythic literal thinking and magic thinking. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus Again, you are/ or someone that argues that is already indoctrinated.  No one comes to that without first the social construct. Same thing with science, yoga, Toaist philosophy, etc.

I'm just sharing the experience of many many people. Who's to say those experiences are not true? 

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus They only ascribe it to Jesus because they were first indoctrinated. 

Christ, or love is not something unique to Jesus but universal. People just filter this through the only lens society gave them.

I kindly think you underestimate how deeply rooted social constructs are in human society and the human psyche. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Salvijus They only ascribe it to Jesus because they were first indoctrinated. 

Christ, or love is not something unique to Jesus but universal. People just filter this through the only lens society gave them.

I'm not talking experiences of love. I'm talking experiences of disembodied beings. 

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus I’m no expert on that. Never experienced it. If they experience a white long haired Jesus again that’s due to social construction. Jesus wasn’t even white if he existed at all.

I think it’s common for people at magical/ mythical literal stages to experience say, the Buddha, or Krishna, or Jesus. Again, those are all constructs.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"