Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Even if it's legit, would you stay dogmatic?

If it's legit then it's no longer a dogma but the truth. So yea I would have no problem sticking with it. 

how will you know if it's legit if you are a dogmatic person?

Sometimes by testing it and seeing the fruits of it. Sometimes by having a deep heart resonance and knowledge that goes beyond the intellectual mind. Sometimes by lots of mental convincing. 

Edited by Salvijus

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Nemra Religion keeps God alive. If Religion was completely destroyed we would lose God. If everyone is an athiest God is dead.

Nietzsche declared famously the death of god; but the latter had the last laugh when the former perished 4 years later

Reports of his demise ever since have been greatly exaggerated

Every human contains the memory of god within

We will get glimpses here and there if we are earnest

Though ego has to declare god dead in order to live its fullest fast-lane existence

On a deathbed everyone cries out to god, like they say there are no atheists in fox-holes

But for now let's party like it's 1999 and forgetting that was a quarter century back

Edited by gettoefl

Posted (edited)

@gettoefl You would have to hide your glimpses under your pillow or be put into a psyche ward. Many more trapped.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus, dogmatism requires you to not test, try something, be open-minded, and think. Of course, if you accept the dogma, it becomes true. 

To effectively be dogmatic, you have to be brainwashed from childhood.

Sorry, but you aren't dogmatic, at least for now.

Edited by Nemra

2 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@gettoefl You would have to hide your glimpses under your pillow or be put into a psyche ward. Many more trapped.

I haven't talked about god myself in a very long time

The one who talks doesn't know and the one who knows doesn't talk

@Salvijus

Sorry, but you aren't dogmatic.

Nooo.... 🥺 

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

Jesus for me as inconsequential as is a unicorn in 5d space dancing bachata. And I grew up in an ultra-religious Eastern Orthodox household, praying every night. At a certain point of cognitive development you would have deconstructed religion so deeply that it would be hard to remember what it was like to be enthralled in it.

Chaos, Entropy, Order

Human is a Social Construct

Money is a Social Construct

Identity is a Construct

Others is a Construct

Construction is a Construct

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

7 minutes ago, Ero said:

At a certain point of cognitive development you would have deconstructed religion so deeply

Your intellect is not infallible tho. And intellect is quite limited in general to know things. 

Posted (edited)

You wouldn’t know what Jesus is if you weren’t taught it. You have never had an experience of Jesus. It’s so obvious a social construct….

Santa Claus is as real, as Jesus. If you can’t admit that… are you even serious about this work we do?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 minutes ago, Ero said:

Jesus for me as inconsequential as is a unicorn in 5d space dancing bachata

Your experience is not necessarily the ultimate truth of the matter. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Your intellect is not infallible tho. And intellect is quite limited in general to know things. 

Chaos, Entropy, Order

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Your experience is not necessarily the ultimate truth of the matter. 

Where did I say it is? I was responding to the OP’s inquiry - you can actively deconstruct a belief. Try it some time.

Chaos, Entropy, Order

Posted (edited)

@Ero I feel your responses didn't address what I wrote. My statements remain true. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

1. Using intellect to arrive at the conclusion about something can always end up being wrong because intellect works on a limited amount of data. And intellect is prone to fallacies. What you've deconstructed as a belief can turn out to be true with additional information or further sharpening of intellect. 

2. Your experience is not necessarily the ultimate truth of the matter. 

Edited by Salvijus

If you want to be intellectually honest and correct, best you can say, "I don't know how much their stories are real or no". 

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Davino said:

Human is a Social Construct

But humans need to exist outside social constructions in order to create them.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Ero said:

Where did I say it is?

You were using your experience to give weight to the argument that religion is bs. I was trying to make a point that your experience is not the only one out there. There are people who have very different experiences from religion than yours. Bringing a more fair perception of the whole thing. 

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, Nemra said:

But humans need to exist outside social constructions in order to create them.

True

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

You were using your experience to give weight to the argument that religion is bs. I was trying to make a point that your experience is not the only one out there. There are people who have very different experiences from religion than yours. Bringing a more fair perception of the whole thing. 

It is however a social construct. 

◭"89"