Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Jesus central teaching was "love your neighbor as you love yourself".  You can do that without all the theology or belief in a saviour.  You can follow that teaching and be a Buddhist or an atheist.  

Maybe there is more than one way of doing things. Guru worship existed thausands of years before the coming of Jesus and was/continues to be a valid path. 

Edited by Salvijus

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

18 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Pikachu, I chose you! 

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Personally I would say Paul did a great job feeling the essence of Christian path. What he added is in alignment with the heart of Jesus's teachings imo. And probably these teachings were revealed to him in prayer by Jesus himself. The things Paul spoke about, everybody would find revealed to them eventually imo and in my personal experience aswell. Although there's room for different opinions aswell. 

Paul made it religion, a system for the masses to latch onto that doesn't require effort. He wanted it to be just a tad different from Judaism

Jesus was about the spiritual path. Taking up your cross takes effort. Jesus was anti-religion and his stance had him pay the ultimate price.

Chalk and cheese. Both are fine if that's what you require.

In addition, Jesus didn't see himself as savior but as trail-blazer. One that all have the potential to emulate.

Edited by gettoefl

On 10/9/2024 at 0:40 PM, Jodistrict said:

Keep in mind that there is no proof that Jesus ever existed.  There is a consensus among bible scholars that he did exist, but their opinions are highly self-biased.   Furthermore, if he existed, Jesus was not a Christian.  The "Christ" is a metaphysical concept, that this metaphysical entity "Christ" will enter your heart and save you if you just believe in it.  

Josephus

I am not a crybaby!