Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

his stance is that the same applies to money, a coffee table or your dad

It will take you many years to understand the profundity of what I said.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Lee Holden told a story about his daughter sitting in the back seat talking to her friend. She said "You go to church but you don't know what Qigong is?!"

To me this is like.. You look for God in your beliefs and social constructs... But, you don't look within? You don't find the peace that is already God given within you? Obviously she was more innocent in her question but... Anyway.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, El Zapato said:

@puporing Christians that are fixated on the Jewish bible are prone to literal interpretation.  Many of them have not been introduced to the Bible that Jesus inspired.  It is an interesting phenomenon.

I'm not talking about the bible though.. I didn't read the bible nor very familiar with it.. I read ACIM.

And yeah I know the "problem".. trust me Christians have tried to tell me I can't be "that guy" because I was promoting a different text.. so I get nowhere with Christians sadly. And then non-Christians I face problems like "you're a made up thing".

This is really what happens if you ever reach this state lol. Everyone will come up with a "seemingly reasonable sounding" thing to brush you aside.

I mean I don't know to laugh or cry at the situation sometimes.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

In the future some smart ass will say

Leo Gura is a social construction 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Keep in mind that there is no proof that Jesus ever existed.  There is a consensus among bible scholars that he did exist, but their opinions are highly self-biased.   Furthermore, if he existed, Jesus was not a Christian.  The "Christ" is a metaphysical concept, that this metaphysical entity "Christ" will enter your heart and save you if you just believe in it.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Furthermore, if he existed, Jesus was not a Christian

Technically christianity is based on what jesus was teaching. So he was teaching christianity just maybe didn't call it by that name. 

Edited by Salvijus

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

34 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Keep in mind that there is no proof that Jesus ever existed

Ego's biggest hope. 🤞

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

24 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Technically christianity is based on what jesus was teaching. So he was teaching christianity just maybe didn't call it by that name. 

No Jesus didn't teach christianity.  Jesus never taught metaphysical principles.  Christianity is largely an invention of Paul.   Jesus wouldn't have any idea of what christianity is and would probably say "What the fuck?".    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

It's interesting to observe how Jesus Christ is Social Construct in real time. This whole thread is but a proof of it!

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Christianity is largely an invention of Paul.   

Oh that's what you meant. You're reducing christianity too much into one strand or expression that it found only. There are many strands of christianity. Not just what Paul created. All of them tried their best to be in alignment with the original teachings of Jesus - the true embodyment of Christianity. 

Edited by Salvijus

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Oh that's what you meant. You're reducing christianity too much into one strand or expression that it found only. There are many strands of christianity. Not just what Paul created. All of them tried their best to be in alignment with the original teachings of Jesus - the true embodyment of Christianity. 

The New Testament is mostly Paul's system.   If one of your strands believes in an entity called "Christ" that has the ability so save believers than it isn't from the teachings of Jesus.  If you believe "do to others as you would do to yourself" than it would be from the Jesus teachings, but Buddha said basically the same thing.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

If one of your strands believes in an entity called "Christ" that has the ability so save believers than it isn't from the teachings of Jesus.  If you believe "do to others as you would do to yourself" than it would be from the Jesus teachings, but Buddha said basically the same thing.  

Exalted entities such as bodisattvas can actually bless you and help you on your path (or save you as you say) . Even buddha would agree. 

Edited by Salvijus

27 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Exalted entities such as bodisattvas can actually bless you and help you on your path (or save you as you say) . Even buddha would agree. 

Buddha's teachings are encoded in the theravada tradition.   The idea of a bodisattva comes from the later tradition of mahayana, which the Buddha didn't teach.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Buddha's teachings are encoded in the theravada tradition.   The idea of a bodisattva comes from the later tradition of mahayana, which the Buddha didn't teach.   

If that is so, then he left out some important teachings. Maybe purposely. There were many things he refused to comment about apparantly. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

The New Testament is mostly Paul's system.

Meh, I disagree. He mostly wrote the letters or Epistles but contributing him the whole system is grosely unacurate

The New Testament was written by multiple authors, most renowned are the authors of the four Gospels:

• Matthew
  • Mark
  • Luke
  • John

Paul was not one of these four Gospel authors. However, he is a significant contributor to the New Testament. Here's a breakdown:

• Paul's contribution: Paul wrote 13 or 14 of the 27 books in the New Testament (depending on whether you count Hebrews, which has disputed authorship). These are mostly letters (epistles) to various early Christian communities.
  • Percentage of Paul's contribution: In terms of word count, Paul's writings make up approximately 23-28% of the New Testament text, depending on whether Hebrews is included.

The rest of the New Testament includes:

• The four Gospels
  • Acts of the Apostles (traditionally attributed to Luke)
  • Letters from other apostles (Peter, John, James, Jude)
  • Revelation (attributed to John)

I'm curious to know why do you believe Paul is responsible for the christian system? I'm open-minded about your perspective

I AM a construct

33 minutes ago, Davino said:

Meh, I disagree. He mostly wrote the letters or Epistles but contributing him the whole system is grosely unacurate

I'm curious to know why do you believe Paul is responsible for the christian system? I'm open-minded about your perspective

It was Paul that defined the theology.  Paul's letters (or epistles) provide much of the theological framework for how early Christian communities understood Jesus' message. His writings delve into themes like grace, faith, salvation, and the role of the law, which became central to Christian doctrine.  The idea of the “Christ” that saves souls comes from Paul.   Paul never met or knew Jesus, but according to the New Testament, he saw a vision of “Christ”.  This is the concept the excites Christians.  Of course, there are also the moral teachings of Jesus included in the New Testament.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

30 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

writings delve into themes like grace, faith, salvation, and the role of the law, which became central to Christian doctrine.

Personally I would say Paul did a great job feeling the essence of Christian path. What he added is in alignment with the heart of Jesus's teachings imo. And probably these teachings were revealed to him in prayer by Jesus himself. The things Paul spoke about, everybody would find revealed to them eventually imo and in my personal experience aswell. Although there's room for different opinions aswell. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Personally I would say Paul did a great job feeling the essence of Christian path. What he added is in alignment with the heart of Jesus's teachings imo. And probably these teachings were revealed to him in prayer by Jesus himself. The things Paul spoke about, everybody would find revealed to them eventually imo and in my personal experience aswell. Although there's room for different opinions aswell. 

Jesus central teaching was "love your neighbor as you love yourself".  You can do that without all the theology or belief in a saviour.  You can follow that teaching and be a Buddhist or an atheist.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.