Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Guy's dead. And most of what we "know" of him is essentially rumor-based.

Yes, and people need to realize that just because millions or billions believe in Jesus, it doesn't mean it's true. After all, billions believe in Mohammed as well. So which one is true? We'll never really know.

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

Jesus is fucking amazing.

How would you know?

That's the construction.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How would you know?

That's the construction.

I mean, his teachings.

Jesus = teachings.

Jesus ≠ Human.

I don't believe he/she/it/alien was a human.

This is likely to be a post-modernism thread than a Jesus thread 😂

Posted (edited)

And yet we think we are living in 2024. 😂

2024 is based on ... 👀

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

I mean, his teachings.

What do you really know of his teachings?

According to whom?

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

According to whom?

I think I get your point.

Are you playing Derrida's game? 😁

Agree.

The real teachings of Jesus is not what was written.

Because when you read, it was not what he meant. 

It become your version of Jesus teachings.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

According to whom?

Exactly. I'm glad you're bringing all this to the forefront. Our self-deception (if this is actually a self-deception) runs rampant. Humans make a lot of assumptions and it's partly what causes our suffering. Might not seem evident at first, but with a little backtracking we can spot the clues. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Are you playing Derrida's game?

Nope.

Just basic epistemology and questioning of assumptions. Something a child could do.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

Something I will add is that.. I am not saying people need to take his teachings word for word, like Christians would tend to do, but moreso the spirit of it which always boils down to more love. I don't follow everything word for word but still reached here. If you saw how I dressed or was like day to day, "being Jesus" would prob be the last thing on your mind... the stuff in pop culture is really outdated from the past. And as well, this mind had to evolve with "time".

I enjoy things like playing loud metal/punk music while driving.. that's prob not something people generally would associate with him.. yet here I am.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 06/10/2024 at 11:44 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

I gave a Bible in the Hands of my Baby Niece and She treat it like any Book. To say God for hear is not different than saying Blob or Glob or Zorg. 

Somehow I think the idea of God is planted in every thing, only humen beings construct a whole structure/systems around it ( seems like that happens by design). 

13 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

The man has been dead for a long time. And most of what we "know" of him is essentially rumor-based.

There likely is a more subtle interpretation, but the above still applies. This is not to say he wasn't a deeply conscious guy–he apparently was. 

Interesting hypothesis: in his "lost years", he might have traveled to India or similar and studied Buddhism there.

Josephus

I am not a crybaby!

@puporing Christians that are fixated on the Jewish bible are prone to literal interpretation.  Many of them have not been introduced to the Bible that Jesus inspired.  It is an interesting phenomenon.

I am not a crybaby!

Posted (edited)

Unless you put stock in the Christ, you should put aside this Jesus construct

and stop spinning your wheels wasting your one precious life arguing for kicks in threads like this

Jesus was the self-declared way to Christ, the truth of Christ, the life in Christ

Christ is a name for the Higher Self, the true essence of every human, beyond ego and body; It is the part of us that remains eternally connected to God, untouched by illusions, suffering, death, or separation.

He was the first one documented to walk the walk, the one said to endure the worst to enjoy the best, the name above any other name

If that's not for you, what are you even doing here?

I bid you lots of love in finding a different set of transcendent truths that work for you

Edited by gettoefl

And now thanks to this Construction Oklahoma will have to pay for all the Trump Bibles for the Public Schools. Contruct or not, true is that Jesus Brand is very profitable. 

14 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

And now thanks to this Construction Oklahoma will have to pay for all the Trump Bibles for the Public Schools. Contruct or not, true is that Jesus Brand is very profitable. 

Yes even the likes of Russell have jumped on the brand-wagon

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Ramu said:

@gettoefl @Salvijus But you ARE God

So is Jesus.

God is many forms. In me, in you, in Jesus. We are all wonderful. 

Edited by Salvijus

I simply am. You simply are. We are The Same One forever. Come and join The Glory. 

Posted (edited)

That's not a surprising thing to hear from Leo. My understanding of his stance is that the same applies to money, a coffee table or your dad and so on to infinity. Jesus Christ being a social construct might be a shocking statement for a fundamentalist Christian to hear, but that's the kind of stuff you could expect to hear from Leo any day of the year, not just on Easter Sunday

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

9 hours ago, gettoefl said:

Unless you put stock in the Christ, you should put aside this Jesus construct

and stop spinning your wheels wasting your one precious life arguing for kicks in threads like this

Jesus was the self-declared way to Christ, the truth of Christ, the life in Christ

He was the first one documented to walk the walk, the one said to endure the worst to enjoy the best, the name above any other name

If that's not for you, what are you even doing here?

I bid you lots of love in finding a different set of transcendent truths that work for you

So we are told. Through our social systems of religion.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"