Rafael Thundercat

Jesus is a Social Construct? Tell me more

265 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can't  belive nobody in this Forum simply dont want to know more about this claim. Just the consequences of this single statement can have repercutions or could have if a lot of people could understand why is the case. 

So, I am curious. How is possible that Jesus is a social Construct? 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

24 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

I can't  belive nobody in this Forum simply dont want to know more about this claim. Just the consequences of this single statement can have repercutions or could have if a lot of people could understand why is the case. 

So, I am curious. How is possible that Jesus is a social Construct? 

This language of Social or Mental Constructs, ppl that use it are basically too lazy to do the work to find out the Reality of it, so they use these sorts of words to delegate anything anyone says to a low level, makes them feel good and superior... 

Someone living the Life of their Dreams, or someone Suffering in a hell on Earth, its a mental construct, lol, this is narcissism at its highest level!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Jesus as a religious figure is socially constructed.

Also, different religions and denominations have different interpretations about Jesus.

Posted (edited)

Jesus is a embodiment of value, belief, habits, POVs, worldview - a specific relationship to yourself, humans, world and God.

Jesus is a cognitive architecture/informational structure to guide sensemaking. A map of reality.

Edited by CARDOZZO

10 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Also, different religions and denominations have different interpretations about Jesus.

I guess Leo is pointing to something deeper than this. 

@CARDOZZO, you basically admitted that he is socially constructed.

6 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Jesus is a embodiment of value, belief, habits, POVs, worldview - a specific relationship to yourself, humans, world and God.

Jesus is a cognitive architecture/informational structure to guide sensemaking. A map of reality.

This sound like more construction. Jesus is X and Jesus is Z and Y... 

Change Jesus for SuseJ and you can keep going adding atributes,stories and more.

Jesus is an idea in the minds of men. You only know the name and ideas because it's part of the collective zeitgeist. It's so obvious.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Lets say the Truth. We simply heard about Jesus recently. I think I heard about it around my 5 or even 4 years old and slowly one day maybe someone show me a picture and slowly people somehow convince me that the guy was some sort of importan figure. They could have done the same with Harry Potter and I would not notice the difference.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Same with the Name God the Father. You came with not ideia of a God Father or Holy Ghost. And in a couple years you are blabling about it like a monkey that repeat Banana. I gave a Bible in the Hands of my Baby Niece and She treat it like any Book. To say God for hear is not different than saying Blob or Glob or Zorg. 

I don't think it's 100% socially constructed as a historical figure.

1 minute ago, Nemra said:

I don't think it's 100% socially constructed as a historical figure.

Let see what Leo say. He brougth the Claim into the Arena. I want to see she Gladiate this. 

34 minutes ago, Nemra said:

We could give different uses for the same building but the core function of why the building was building would still need a reason to being brougth into existence. A building is a construction with a function. Maybe the Architects had one ideia in mind for the Building and later the building was rebuild on and on to adapt to new uses. 

A Social Construct even if is a fiction is Constructed with a function even if is a unconscious reason. 

34 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@CARDOZZO, you basically admitted that he is socially constructed.

Sure, I agree.

Your job as a serious seeker is to modify the parts of social Jesus that don't jibe 

Then there is only a personal Jesus

He walked the walk

so that you can too

The OG has been speaking in recent years

Check out A Course in Miracles

7 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

A Social Construct even if is a fiction is Constructed with a function even if is a unconscious reason. 

I agree.

But for Jesus' case, it's different. He was dead long ago. People aren't even sure what he looked like.

Even if there's a writing from the actual Jesus, how are we going to interpret his writing when we can't really imagine what life was like 2000 years ago where he lived?

Although Jesus could be used to describe things that people associated him with, which don't have to be socially constructed.

Posted (edited)

Jesus Shmesus, how about that?

What does that add

Edited by LoseYourvelf

1 hour ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Let see what Leo say. He brougth the Claim into the Arena. I want to see she Gladiate this. 

But have you considered that Leo might be a social construct? 😁

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

I won't say anything more. You figure it out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.