jacknine119

I am angry when people pollute nature or hurt animals.

12 posts in this topic

When I tell such person that don't do this they sometimes just laugh. They don't care. And how can I handle such situation? Or maybe I am wrong when I angry about this?

Well, they are unconscious and selfish. That is the state of mankind. If you want to change that, teach mankind a better way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

teach mankind a better way.

People just need to be punished.

Wanting to make people "unselfish" is actually tacitly making them neurotic.

The devil is in the details.

50 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

People just need to be punished.

Please think before you post.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Please think before you post.

What i've said is carefully considered.

You think you can stop people from behaving in a way toward you by instilling in them slave morality ("immature", "egoistic", "bad"...) that you call "human decency," that only works with people who grew up in a particularly neurotic culture and collective unconscious in general.

Most people in the world don't have that kind of conflicted psyche, don't operate on guilt and you'll have to threaten them with punishment (by fines, prison sentences etc) to keep them from behaving that way.

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

The more I really contemplate on the realities of animal cruelty and all the ways in which we exploit nature, the angrier I tend to get at first. However, what is VERY difficult to swallow, is that the anger that I hold on to towards everything IS more of a sin than what ”they” are doing and can compound the damage and impede my personal emotional progress. Feel your ANGER and allow yourself to eventually fall through to the real emotion you have which is GRIEF about the current state of the world and your situation. Anger is a cover

Edited by blankisomeone

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

and you'll have to threaten them with punishment (by fines, prison sentences etc, too tacitly condition them into a new framework) to keep them from behaving that way.

See how that's working for murder, theft, rape and all the crimes people are already being punished for and is still prevalent in today's society. The threat of punishment doesn't stop the perpetrators who act out of emotion. Most people cannot control their emotions and don't think before they act.  Afterwards when they reflect they'll realize how they were out of control. 

Not saying criminals shouldn't be punished but putting systems in place (whatever those systems are) that may help to deter people from committing those crimes to begin with is a way to reduce those crimes.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

See how that's working for murder, theft, rape and all the crimes people are already being punished for and is still prevalent in today's society. The threat of punishment doesn't stop the perpetrators who act out of emotion. Most people cannot control their emotions and don't think before they act.  Afterwards when they reflect they'll realize how they were out of control. 

Not saying criminals shouldn't be punished but putting systems in place (whatever those systems are) that may help to deter people from committing those crimes to begin with is a way to reduce those crimes.

It would be precisely worst if there were no punishment, it's like saying there is school dropout so school is useless.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

It would be precisely worst if there were no punishment, it's like saying there is school dropout so school is useless.

Did you actually see where I said "not saying they shouldn't be punished". I'm advocating for better humanitarian systems in place to reduce the need for punishment. If my child is acting out, I'm not going to just punish him or her, I'll want to get to the root cause as to why. Punishment yes, as long as it's humane but trying to solve the problem at it's root will eliminate the need for punishment. All I'm saying is just threatening to punish does not stop people from committing crimes. Is your goal just to punish or reducing crime. To me, the latter is better.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Did you actually see where I said "not saying they shouldn't be punished". I'm advocating for better humanitarian systems in place to reduce the need for punishment. If my child is acting out, I'm not going to just punish him or her, I'll want to get to the root cause as to why. Punishment yes, as long as it's humane but trying to solve the problem at it's root will eliminate the need for punishment. All I'm saying is just threatening to punish does stop people from committing crimes. Is your goal just to punish or reducing crime. The latter is s better solution.

Throwing a wast in nature doesn't have a root cause, it's just because it needs less efforts. 

Just now, Schizophonia said:

Throwing a wast in nature doesn't have a root cause, it's just because it needs less efforts. 

Ok, whatever you say.

Know thyself....