Carl-Richard

Are things true or just useful fictions? Why I prefer using pragmatist language

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Thoughts affect your actions for sure.

But there is plenty of BS within LoA teachings too.

I’m curious. How so? Loa says it is different from wishful thinking. Loa is about thinking about the highest vision for yourself and making that clear in your mind. Maybe the BS is overemphasis on thinking rather than action? 

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

10 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I’m curious. How so? Loa says it is different from wishful thinking. Loa is about thinking about the highest vision for yourself and making that clear in your mind. Maybe the BS is overemphasis on thinking rather than action? 

Magical thinking about causality being directly shaped by your thoughts in my opinion. Ascribing significance where there is none.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Thoughts affect your actions for sure.

But there is plenty of BS within LoA teachings too.

Do thoughts create reality, for example thinking constantly of lots of money gives you lots of money?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Do thoughts create reality, for example thinking constantly of lots of money gives you lots of money?

Thinking about money does not give you money.

But it can motivate you into action needed to make money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Do you think about your hand constantly or any body part or the sun or the moon and stars and the trees outside and the air you breathe or if tomorrow is going to come or if it will get dark tonight. No, because there's no feelings of lack here and these things are normal to you. (I'm not referring to if you're admiring them, but worried they won't be there tomorrow).

Law of attraction states that we get what we are, not what we want. Thinking about money all the time suggests a lack of it and will not bring you more because, like I said we get what we are which is the same as what we expect. It starts with the mind but not about thinking of lots of money but feeling abundant and seeing yourself in scenarios as if you had the money. Money represents a feeling, and the mind can interpret that feeling which in turn can bring forth a physical manifestation if felt intensely enough. 

Know thyself....