Javfly33

Should I try MDMA If I have already tried most psychedelics?

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd say try MDMA once and see if it works for you.

It lets you connect with people. So if you can and want to go out with others, do.  Your pupils will be a giveaway that you're high. So only do it in circumstances where such a thing is permissible and advisable. Like, Breakingthewall's example of a techno party.

I'm one of those people who had to give it up due to brutal hangovers. Nothing in my life made me feel so bad afterwards. Sometimes it's just bad. But if your baseline is okay, you'll wonder why put yourself through this.

Edited by maxpechura

9 hours ago, maxpechura said:

I'd say try MDMA once and see if it works for you.

It lets you connect with people. So if you can and want to go out with others, do.  Your pupils will be a giveaway that you're high. So only do it in circumstances where such a thing is permissible and advisable. Like, Breakingthewall's example of a techno party.

I'm one of those people who had to give it up due to brutal hangovers. Nothing in my life made me feel so bad afterwards. Sometimes it's just bad. But if your baseline is okay, you'll wonder why put yourself through this.

No good no good

Also seem to pay for it more than I benefit from the roll but rolling does have a psychedelia/altered perspective to it that's  beautiful

MDMA is a therapy in itself, it allows to understand your trauma on a deep level and increases your emotional inteligence by tenfold.
Gives you lots of empathy so much that you really understand deeply the people around you or yourself if you're doing it alone.
I would say the bad comedown is worth it but if you want to avoid it just stay below 100mg, you could even end up with an afterglow this way

Posted (edited)

For me Mescaline is very similar to MDMA, with a bit less euphoria.

Personally, I try to avoid MDMA as much as possible due to its well-documented neurotoxicity.

If you decide to do MDMA, do it the right way: properly test and weigh the substance. Use the protocol described in recent studies (IIRC, 80mg+40mg or 120mg+60mg, please verify this). Avoid caffeine and other substances that increase MDMA neurotoxicity. You should not take MDMA more than 50 times in your life according to what I heard a researcher saying.

That said, who knows what other psychedelics do to our system and we're all doing them anyway.

Edited by PsychedelicEagle

On 10/4/2024 at 1:38 AM, Javfly33 said:

Does mdma has some special perception/feeling in it to make worth it to try it or if ive tried most other psychedelics is not worth the effort? I have procrastinated in trying it too because of that thing that people say it has a terrible comedown/hangover the next day.

If your asking if MDMA has special qualities outside of traditional psychedelics that make it worth it to try, I would say absolutely yes.  However you need to research the risks associated with the potential neurotoxicity and abuse potential to see if its right for you.

I've used the classic psychedelics, mushrooms, LSD, DMT, 2C-B in varying dosages for years and have found them incredibly fascinating and helpful in my life and spiritual journey. 

I was always weary and hesitant to try MDMA because of the potential neurotoxicity and comedowns I've heard about.  After lots of research and waying the risks, I decided to try it at a music festival for the first time and I was absolutely blown away by the effects.  I found that the empathogen effects were on a completely different level than psychedelics and made it seem like psychedelics actually miss a very large part of the human empathy experience.  I almost learned more about my girlfriend in that single night than I had in the previous 8 years we were together.  It gave me the ability to completely dive into other peoples bodies and see their perspective and feelings without my own biases or world view.  It completely eliminates fear and social inhibitions.

I took 100mg that was tested 95+% MDMA by ftir spectrometer (perks of living in Canada!).  I had no noticeable hangover, or nothing more than I'm used to from other psychedelics.  However, I would say that the amphetamine part of MDMA, has a very forcing quality to it.  i was running around and talking with complete strangers at the festival and doing things I wouldn't normally do as I'm quite introverted.  They were great conversations and I had tons of fun, but I didn't necessarily feel like I was in control.  I can see where the potential for people with PTSD or anxiety could benefit a lot with talk therapy as it allows to you bring up all your emotions and past experiences and talk about them without fear, anxiety or shame.

It's easy to tell that MDMA has a very different mechanism of action within the brain than psychedelics, and I would never do it more than 100mg once a year.  When I was researching peoples experiences on reddit, it sounds like people do way too high of doses way too often and eventually damage their serotonin and dopamine systems in the brain and MDMA usually stops working or loses "the magic" and makes them depressed.  If definitely seems like less the better with MDMA, once every couple years and keep doses reasonable around 100mg.

1 hour ago, TeaMasterDrinker said:

If your asking if MDMA has special qualities outside of traditional psychedelics that make it worth it to try, I would say absolutely yes.  However you need to research the risks associated with the potential neurotoxicity and abuse potential to see if its right for you.

I've used the classic psychedelics, mushrooms, LSD, DMT, 2C-B in varying dosages for years and have found them incredibly fascinating and helpful in my life and spiritual journey. 

I was always weary and hesitant to try MDMA because of the potential neurotoxicity and comedowns I've heard about.  After lots of research and waying the risks, I decided to try it at a music festival for the first time and I was absolutely blown away by the effects.  I found that the empathogen effects were on a completely different level than psychedelics and made it seem like psychedelics actually miss a very large part of the human empathy experience.  I almost learned more about my girlfriend in that single night than I had in the previous 8 years we were together.  It gave me the ability to completely dive into other peoples bodies and see their perspective and feelings without my own biases or world view.  It completely eliminates fear and social inhibitions.

I took 100mg that was tested 95+% MDMA by ftir spectrometer (perks of living in Canada!).  I had no noticeable hangover, or nothing more than I'm used to from other psychedelics.  However, I would say that the amphetamine part of MDMA, has a very forcing quality to it.  i was running around and talking with complete strangers at the festival and doing things I wouldn't normally do as I'm quite introverted.  They were great conversations and I had tons of fun, but I didn't necessarily feel like I was in control.  I can see where the potential for people with PTSD or anxiety could benefit a lot with talk therapy as it allows to you bring up all your emotions and past experiences and talk about them without fear, anxiety or shame.

It's easy to tell that MDMA has a very different mechanism of action within the brain than psychedelics, and I would never do it more than 100mg once a year.  When I was researching peoples experiences on reddit, it sounds like people do way too high of doses way too often and eventually damage their serotonin and dopamine systems in the brain and MDMA usually stops working or loses "the magic" and makes them depressed.  If definitely seems like less the better with MDMA, once every couple years and keep doses reasonable around 100mg.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks to all, ive been convinced, im trying some on november 😁🤲 Will update. 

On 04/10/2024 at 2:55 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Some people day that it's very useful to take some MDMA before a high dose LSD trip, because remove the fear and it's less possible to enter in bad loops

I haven’t tried MDMA, but smoking prior to the peak smoothes it out for me and removes the stomach irritation I seem to always have on high doses of LSD.

Chaos, Entropy, Order

Also try Jessie Ware if you want danceable but chill music for MDMA

Or even remove the 5-MEO DMT fear and make the comeup have a love component (not horror as it is for me). 

But I gladly accept  the agony and terror as the price of admission.

On 10/5/2024 at 7:28 PM, Lynx said:

MDMA is a therapy in itself, it allows to understand your trauma on a deep level and increases your emotional inteligence by tenfold.
Gives you lots of empathy so much that you really understand deeply the people around you or yourself if you're doing it alone.
I would say the bad comedown is worth it but if you want to avoid it just stay below 100mg, you could even end up with an afterglow this way

How do you work on yourself on MDMA? You just lie down and close your eyes? That's what I do with psychedelics, but I wouldn't know how to use md

On 12/10/2024 at 1:54 AM, LoseYourvelf said:

Also try Jessie Ware if you want danceable but chill music for MDMA

👌🙏